Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 August 2012
I want to whole-heartedly recommend those CDs and believe that they can help with emotional healing as the title suggests. I needed help in addressing low self-confidence in personal relationships and with a very self-critical attitude, but don't have serious mental health problems; so, if you suffer from those you might need more personal support. Tara Brach comes accross as a very warm, friendly woman, who understands suffering. I never thought that real healing could happen without a direct therapeutic relationship and have never found a therapist I could trust to like me, so those CDs seem like a gift of life.

I didn't use to be interested in meditaion, thinking that I would get bored stiff (how wrong I was) and only started in the hope that it would help me with physical issues (mainly sleep problems, weight issues and immune system). I started with looking at guided meditation which can be downloaded from Tara's web site for free (very generously). I still use those meditations, but the meditations for emotional healing add an extra and to me crucial dimension.

With regards to my physical issues I think there is also improvement and even my face is starting to look differently. I used to hate how old I had started to look and how my eyebrows slanted up above my nose, but now they are back to a more level look again. I am not absolutely sure that all this is just the effect of meditation, as starting meditation also co-insided with being on holiday, but I feel it has started to make a big difference to my life (also to my relationship with my partner and maybe my children).

For the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been meditating with Tara's help for about 40 minutes a day (a mixture of meditations from her web site and from the CDs).

I was initially slightly disapppointed that there are only 4 guided meditations on those 2 CDs of which only three are really specific for emotional healing. The rest is explanations and overlaps with her book (which I also bought via Amazon and like, but haven't finished reading yet; it can also be previewed to a very generous degree). However even for those 3 meditations the CDs were well worth buying for me.

As opposed to the free meditations from the web site the CDs are free of background noise.

I have now ordered the mindfulness meditations and will probably review those in due course.
on 2 March 2016