on 11 February 2018
soothing and helpful.
on 29 August 2012
I've downloaded this on to my phone and listened to it when I commuted to London. I've now listened to the MP3 enough that I can do the practice without the MP3's. Greatly improved my enjoyment (and purpose) when using the train.

Luckily I don't (have to) use the MP3's for pain control, however I think it's a great skill to develop.
on 23 December 2013
Excellent meditation guided by Jon Kabat-Zinn's gentle voice. If you are interested in mindful meditation, I would suggest you do an 8 week course as I did, and this makes the whole thing much easier to understand.
on 18 October 2017
Hasn't helped
on 2 January 2013
Highly recommended for all types of pain relief. Gives you time to take stock, sit down and recognise what is happening with your body. Helps towards awareness and stops you fighting your own body
on 3 May 2014
I have found it very helpful and have already recommended it to a friend. Jon Kabat-Zinn has a very soothing voice and does help with pain relief, although it is not always possible to forget the pain.
on 12 April 2012
The first CD is all about the value of listening to yourself and the world around you. The voice is very pleasant indeed and please take your time to enjoy. Knowing the simple way of the exercise is satisfying and it is excellent to practice.
on 10 June 2016
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 April 2015
Excellent
on 26 May 2015
It works but you have to stick with it. Wish there weren't so many clanging symbols in it though.