on 20 March 2017
I enjoyed this book for it's simplicity. It was a nice introduction. I had studied formal Buddhism in Srilanka. It was engaging. Although it didn't cover much on techniques of meditation. I liked the language and ideas around mindfulness.
on 23 May 2017
What can I say. Words from the man himself. Being British, I found his American accent took a little time to get used to but I expected that.
Thank you Jon Kabat-Zinn, I have now enrolled on a MBSR course locally.
on 5 June 2017
Ok if you are a a total beginner to Mindfulness. However, I wanted something much deeper
on 24 July 2017
I am a big fan of Jon Kabat-Zinn, who writes as if he is translating one's own thoughts. Brilliant.
on 27 January 2014
This guy really is tuned into 'Mindfulness'! Wonderful stuff. I challenge you NOT to be bewitched by this guy's methods of reducing suffering and stress!! Highly-highly recommended!!
on 1 June 2017
Found it very interesting and informative
on 12 June 2017
I wanted this in book format but even though it was good
on 2 June 2017
a very good book, very helpful.
on 4 May 2009
Kabat-Zinn's calm, kind presence guides you gently into meditation, starting with the body, and moving through more subtle levels such as feelings, breath, sounds and thoughts. It is the best guide to meditation I have come across, written or CD, and I think it is suitable for anyone at any level. It is especially good for the busy Western mind, as it grounds awareness first in the body, creating a solid base and then working up to thoughts.

I am using it to aid recovery from chronic fatigue, and within days of practising am finding myself calmer and more grounded. This man knows what he is doing!
11 Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2012
Ideal for anyone trying mindfulness meditation for the first time or for those like myself who have worked through all of Jon Kabat Zin's books and cd's over the years. Its easy to follow, each individual meditation on the CD can be done individually if you prefer and the book is brilliant to just drop in to whenever you feel like it.