Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 January 2014
If you can get past the woolly, vague first couple of chapters, there's some excellent guidance and insights to be had in the remainder of the book.

Reading chapters 16 and 19, 30 and 31 alone would be enough to prevent countless arguments between a man and his woman. I highly recommend that men regularly re-read these chapters.

I do have a number of gripes:

- Deida scoffs several times at the "New Age man". Yet the book is riddled with New Age buzzwords like "consciousness", "bliss", "One", "divine, "surrender" etc.
- Some of the chapters are essentially just rehashed duplicates of ones that have come before.
- On the back cover, he calls the book "The Ultimate Spiritual Guide for Men". That's just downright arrogant. No one book (apart perhaps from the Bible) can claim to be this.
- It ends with a bit of a whimper - a one-paragraph chapter full of esoteric, vague prose of that does nothing to sum up the teachings
on 22 May 2013
I found this book (kindle version) a few months after separating from a eight year partnership with an amazing girl. I truly believe if this book had been handed to me 6 months ago then it would have saved the relationship. The funny thing is that most men know the concepts written in this book, they just forget them in the day to day grind. I won't spoil the book by going into details, but I'm buying a copy for all my close male friends. I'm just glad I'm 33 and can get my self back on track.

If you're a man and you're on a journey of self improvement to become the best version of yourself, then read this book. If you're a boy who wants to become a man, then read this book.
on 14 December 2012
I haven't finished this book yet, but I know more about myself as a man and what I need in a woman. I highly recommend this book to guys who need to know themselves spiritually and those in relationships who can't make sense of their woman's behaviour.
on 1 December 2014
Great book: insightful, caring and thoughtful... I only wish David Deida would go 1 step further and also give advice on HOW to be(come) a superior man, and not 'only' explain WHAT that type of man is (and WHY).
on 6 June 2016
great changed my perspective on how woman think and how to react as a man and approach and see things from a manly perspective and explaining it all in a conscious deep understandable relate-able way
on 13 March 2016
I had high hopes for this book but i really got nothing from it. I ended up turning it off half way through - I couldn't take it any more. Far too flowery and wishy washy to offer any real advice.
on 13 March 2016
i cant see how any honest man can disagree with the points in this book, the woman section gave me vision i wouldn't have figured out on my own.
i think every man should read this
on 18 May 2016
Different way of looking at life and being a man. Very honest and straight forward approach. Love the way masculine and feminine energy is explained in such detail.
on 3 May 2013
This book is very insightful and jam packed with wisdom..I will be reading it again soon to help it all sink in..love it
on 11 May 2016
What a load of contemptable, sexist, horror of a book. If you follow advice on women by this joker you could quite possibly end up behind bars.