on 11 January 2015
This was bought as a birthday gift for my daughter's friend, aged 7. Her mother assures me that she likes the book and is having great fun creating thumb doodles. My daughter had a flick through whilst wrapping it for her friend, and promptly declared that she would 'need' a copy for her birthday! I find the Klutz books to be great fun, and have bought different titles for my own children and as gifts for others over the years. They are always of very good quality and packed with fun and achievable ideas for children. This is another winner.
on 26 July 2016
What a fabulous idea. Fun to do and easy to execute. My 8 year old daughter has had hours of fun with this and produced some really cute little drawings. They provide lots of easy to follow instructions, but it is also great at encouraging her imagination.
on 6 April 2017
Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 25 April 2015
Brought this as a present for an arty 5 year old boy, I was told he loved it! I thought it looked good and may well buy again for other children.
on 23 November 2009
My 4-year old daughter had a lot of fun drawing the different thumb figures in this book. This book is great as it coaches your child with little skill but a lot of imagination to achieve great results.
on 5 November 2010
This is another really good Klutz book. This one is suitable for slightly younger ages than most of the other Klutz books (suitable from around 6 years, whereas the others are more from 8 years)
on 4 January 2010
I bought 3 of these books for a 4, 7 and 12 year old. They all loved it, making pages and pages of really lovely drawings! Even the little 4 year old was proud of her efforts and rightly so! If you are buying as a gift I would recommend buying a sketch pad to go with it as there isnt enough space in the book to do more than one of each character. Overall, these were a huge hit! I would also add that I have purchased many of the Klutz products and every one is well made and used quality materials.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 November 2013
It seems to me that the reviews on this page are all mixed up for different Klutz books. My review is for Eye Find: A Picture Puzzle Book (Klutz Chicken Socks)- It is a brilliant picture puzzle book. I bought it for my nearly 9 year old who has Autism and that kept him occupied for quite a long time, which is excellent as he does not have a long attention span. What he really liked was the Night Vision torch. This was brilliant. The only thing that I wish is that the little pocket to keep the tools in could be a little bit larger as it is not easy to take out the tools without bending them. An adult would not damage them, but a small child might take them out in a hurry and therefore, bend them or break them.
There are quite a lot things to find on each pages, and quite small objects, so, I am not sure if would suit a toddler, but I think 5+ would be fine with it.
This is a book that I will keep in mind when I need to buy a gift for a child. For some reason, I find it more ''boys orientated'' than girls but it might be because of the drawings. But obviously, can be for both.
on 1 August 2009
kept my little boy (age 3) busy for ages over several days in his 'den' (ie behind a chair away from baby brother). You get a magnifying glass to find hinden objects in pictures, a blue filter which lets you see hidden pictures, and a white card 'torch' to put behind dark plastic which has hidden picturs. Each page has a fold out flap with a list of things to find. wonderful holiday entertainment
on 5 January 2011
Out of all the presents my 8 year old son received for Christmas (and we are talking of a bright boy here who loves computers, along with chess and piano), this was the present he wanted to play with when everything else was opened Christmas morning (actually he wanted to play with it straight away but we encouraged him to open other things first). He couldn't put it down, so was entertained for several hours; he even had everyone else 'having a go' too. Okay we had avoided what he really wanted on his list to Santa e.g. ipad, laptop etc and I have no doubt that these would have taken the shine off the Thumb Doodle kit - but it just goes to show that kids who are into the high-tech world can go back to the basics and still be absorbed. (Just in case we seem a bit mean and only gave him stocking fillers please note that he did get a junior pool table, a crossbow, music software and other boys toys which you would expect to have more pulling power.) He has asked for more of the Thumb Doodle kits; I think they're probably great kept for taking along on boring family visits, out on casual meals (with a bag of babywipes!)and for rainy days (keep the little ones away from the computer nanny and TV for a while).