I love the Klutz books and my children had great fun making the sparkly handbags but once finished they were never played with again as they are not very sturdy and this book is one use only. We get more mileage and playtime out of other excellent Klutz books like the 'Tree House Bugs' or purse and ring book whose instructions can be used again and again.

This is still a very good book worthy of 4-5 stars though.

You get 4 paper handbags to decorate, pompoms, jewels, fabric puffies, a glue stick (which does work well), sequins, fancy cording and punch out items like mobile phone, lipstick, watch, glasses and drivers license.

It is a great craft activity with good quality lovely looking parts but will only take you a short while to complete. There is a nice touch of making the watch and glasses which involves 'making them' using tape or the stickers provided to fix the small paper bits together.

Recommended.
on 29 June 2011
Have bought this for lots of 4th birthday presents and has been a hit with every girl we've given it to. However, on giving one to my daughter, I have since realised that it's not as great as I originally thought. We had a lot of fun making the bags, but a lot of the decorations fell off once the glue dried out which was disappointing. Also, the bits and pieces to go inside the handbags are great in theory but, as the bags don't actually close once they are made, everything tends to fall out really easily. The pieces are so small that they then get lost really quickly! Great as a fun activity but the handbags don't last very long! My daughter doesn't mind though as she's had so much fun with them. I would still buy this again though.
on 2 October 2012
My daughter was given this as a gift and she loved putting all the handbags together and playing with all the accessories, it really has been alot of fun for her. I bought another one to give to one of her friends and they too have loved playing with it. Definitely good value for money and great for children who like craft activities.
on 2 February 2009
This was a great gift for a 6 year old girl- she loved it! All klutz products are wonderful!