on 16 February 2012
I produced this from my "things to do when sisters are about to fall out/get bored/its raining/just want to do something" box as we were reaching a "just about to fall out" moment this holiday. I put the book on the kitchen table along with the two great pairs of scissors provided (one straight cut and one wavy).... (and two extra pairs one straight cut and one zig-zag.....!) and left them to it. The activities (44 pages of them) went down a storm. For the 3 yr old there's cutting practice such as "try to cut along the river" which, if you succeed, you turn the paper over and find you've cut out a face. For the 7 yr old there are projects with instructions to follow. Both children thought it was great and helped and encouraged each other too.

Well worth the money. I've bought a couple more for presents too!

I would recommend.
on 6 April 2017
Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 10 October 2012
i bought this book for my just turned five year old boy. He loves crafts but isn't great at cutting (possibly becauses he's left handed). We've worked through about a third of this book and he has thoroughly enjoyed it and I also feel his skills with the scissors have improved too. Great.
on 8 March 2008
Bought this for my 4 yr old daughter who struggles with cutting and does not like sitting still for very long without lots of adult attention. 'Careful Cutting' as my daughter calls it was fantastic, she loved it immediately. She spends ages cutting out the various items, yes sometimes a bit 'wonky' but it has been all her own work. She enjoyed making the masks, finger puppets, animals etc. She gets the book and scissors and plays on her OWN, then shows me proudly her handywork. Her cutting and concentration has improved. Please, please publish another one.
on 8 February 2013
The scissors are not very good quality for a 5 year old who is learning to hold scissors so we tend use our own from ELC. But the pictures to cut out are stimulating and enjoyable for the kids.
on 17 August 2013
Brought this for my daughter she loved it and managed to do most of it all on her own, the book is now finished but will probably buy again for her as she enjoyed it so much and also for my other daughter to use when she is old, I recommend for age 4 up. I think Its so good and makes a great present that I have bought it for most of my daughter reception class and have had good feed back from the mums
on 13 September 2014
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 October 2014
great stuff
on 3 June 2013
Great book love the idea behind it and that its a bit different. more importantly my 5 yr old art and craft mad daughter loves it.
on 19 September 2013
Purchased as a birthday present for a three year old and she loved it! Might need a little help but something she can do with her sibling.