Customer reviews

on 4 March 2016
Struggling to understand what's going wrong in your (hetero) relationship? Why can't he/she see what you need? How you feel? This is an eye opening book packed full of "That's exactly how it is in my life!" anecdotes complete with some very simple explanations - well, just one really! Can it be this simple? It seems so! Complete with a guide to help you both on your new path of understanding, I consider this book to be a real insight into the way forward to a happier and fulfilling life for you both. Consider it the breeze that clears away the fog! A weight will truly be lifted!
The biblical references are many, the Christian ethos the foundation of this understanding but even for NON-BELIEVERS, SUCH AS I, this book is absolutely invaluable. I will never see me things quite the same again!
on 16 October 2017
The best marriage book I ever read. It teaches how to stop the crazy cycle of hurting each other because of feeling hurt. It encourages unconditional love and respect based on Ephesians 5. It contains Bible verses and stories from the author's marriage, the letters of readers and conference participants. I really enjoyed it. What used to look as my husband's personal issues, I now see as responses to my behaviour. It gave me many aha-moments and practical tools. I like the insight that if I see my spouse as essentially good-willed, it results in a better relationship between us.
on 24 March 2017
Amazing book everyone should read. Really opens your eyes and helps you understand the relationships better. I really recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their relationship..
on 8 September 2017
Great book and thought provoking for people who are not yet married, married couples and people who have been divorced. I highly recommend to this book
on 6 July 2014
Fantastic book, must read for couples who are kin on making their marriage work. Marriage doesn't work by default, it works by design - it requires some grace and knowledge.
on 20 September 2017
This book gives a new perspective on male/female relationships. Well written for both sexes with good clear examples.
on 14 May 2017
I love it !!! I really recommend it !
on 16 March 2017
Amazing Book highly recommended
on 14 July 2015
This book helped me prepare for marriage. At times it plunged me into the life of marriage before being married and created a lot of demands to throw at each other (it is for married couples) but it was good that it happened before being married because we truly understand what it means to Seek the kingdom of God first and to put God first. This book teaches you great things, simply putting your partners needs before your own. This book created a biblical foundation on how we could start sincerely loving each other and being stripped of our own selfishness. If you have read this and this is what you have in mind then this book is for you if not buy it anyway because it will be beneficial to you i can promise you that!
on 27 November 2014
I reckon most couples would benefit greatly from this book especially after a few years of marriage, it helped me understand things that were making me cross and exasperated. Very funny too especially as you can see lots of yourself and your partner and laugh at things that might previously have really irritated you.
I highly recommend it - guys buy this for your wives (but read it right after she does!)