Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 January 2014
The story has hit is stride now for me. This volume continues the story of the battle against Captain Kuro started in Vol. 4. This plays out; we are given background material on the new characters; and let into Kuro's real dastardly objectives. The battles continue and this storyline comes to an end. Unfortunately as I had hoped would not happen in the last volume Ussop does join our major characters as a member of the crew. My favourite is Zolo though, and I just love him when he puts the bandanna thingie on his head, he looks so awesome! The last few chapters start a new storyline as the crew sets out to sea again and several new characters are introduced; Luffy gets them in a bit of trouble and they find themselves in a situation which turns out to be more than it first appeared. I'm enjoying this series now and glad I continued on past the first 3 volumes. My son is also really into it now and actually wants to start buying the books instead of using the library, LOL. He NEEDS them on his shelf, don't ya know.
VINE VOICEon 17 March 2010
This fifth volume of the One Piece manga sees the conclusion of Luffy and his friends fight against Captain Kuro and the Black Cat Pirates. Once the battle is finished Luffy, his crew and a new ship move off in search of in search of new adventures and new friends.

This is another good volume with some nice action as Luffy fights Captain Kuro. This volume also includes a little background for Kuro and Usopp and has a nicely emotional goodbye as well. The second half of the volume is setting things up for the following arcs though, with Luffy and his friends now in search of a cook. One Piece is definitely an entertaining series but, while still better than some other manga, it is still not at its best in these early stages.
on 28 November 2009
One piece is the best manga i've read, properly the best manga ever written. Basically Monkey D Luffy has set out to become the Pirate king, along with friends he mets along the way. It is a fantastic read, sooooooooo funny and random, you cant help but laugh out load when reading. If your a fan of manga, you will love this series.
on 10 September 2014
Just what my son was looking for. Great books if you're into Manga!