on 17 December 2009
I bought this pocket card of normal values as I thought it would help me while I was on clinical placement as a student nurse. if you are thinking of buying one I would advise against it. here are a few reasons.
1. It has too much information/detail..could have left out half the values and still have enough to assist with quick reference.
2.Hard to read due to small print.
3.Is not pocket size unless you have a pocket from the tip of your shoulder to your waist!
4. is not value for money when postage is included..I live in Ireland.
on 23 March 2009
Very good as a reference guide but is slightly too big to be classed as pocket sized. Maybe some of the values on there could be taken off to make it smaller as I have been informed that some of the values are very rarely used as clinical markers. But is good to actually understand what results are within normal ranges.
on 24 March 2009
Too much information and not sure what most of it is for! I found I haven't used it and it is not pocket sized so you wouldn't really carry it around in your pocket anyway. Most values you need on a day-to-day basis I found in the book 'The survival guide to the ward' which I purchased at the same time (and would highly recommend). Wouldn't recommend this product to students or newly qualified.
on 10 June 2009
Errr this is an american guide and values are totally differant!(or so i have been told) a waste of money.
on 10 August 2013
Great for anyone who struggles with carrying a lot of data in their head for a very easy way to quickly refresh normal values with ease, laminated so wipeable will fit in a larger pocket if required but I do not think it is really pocket size but will fit A5 diary/notebook easily.
on 6 July 2012
The Card arrived in good time and was exceptional well packed. They display the correct values for everything whch would satisfy the requirments of specialists in may fields thus making the print very small. Perhaps it would be better to spread the contents over more than one card, However, good to deal with and would be happy to do so again. Thank you.
on 19 August 2009
This was just what i wanted, fits happily in the leg pocket of my trousers and has loads of info on it.
on 3 March 2013
I bought this for myself, as a referral guide. It's absolutely perfect, as it is small enough to fit in the pocket of my tunic, making it easy to use as a reference guide. It arrived in very good time, and in excellent condition. Thank you!
on 10 August 2010
It is a very useful tool to have as it reminds you of normal values of bloods etc when looking at patients results and understanding what they mean. I would recommend it to students and qualified staff too.
on 2 April 2009
Worth having especially if you work on a hospital ward, you will be able to look intelligent on the next ward round! All you need to know about the normal values of the human system.