on 5 June 2016
I devoured this book in a day it is that good! This book is by far the best book that I have read on being a writer. It should be read by anyone who considers them a writer. The author's ideas on resistance shake you to your core. Resistance is the enemy and we must beat it to be successful. Thank you Steven Pressfield
on 17 May 2017
I had read some of Pressfield's other works and wanted to give this a read based on Joe Rogan's stellar reviews on multiple Podcasts. I enjoyed it but perhaps I expected too much. I was underwhelmed by the book itself but the principles within are helpful. I think the lessons within his other books such as Gates of Fire and The Warrior Ethos are much more better presented.
on 25 May 2017
Well this is a revelation and yet at the same time something native to me- something I have always known and experienced but been unable to fully grasp. It's easy to get deflected away from these profound truths even after - for example I wrote SET ME FREE entirely from that seat of the Self. It is so true that there is no winning such competitions- the only win is within - coming from a place of true authenticity. Thanks Steven for giving us what you've got. Hina Belitz
on 31 January 2017
Stephen Pressfield urges the reader to go to war with that little devil on our shoulder he labels as 'resistance'.
Years of succumbing to that resistance taught the author one thing, that resistance must be fought at all costs to the bitter end. I found this book incredibly insightful. It brought to light my own battles with resistance and somehow gave me new found courage to face the long war ahead.
This book now has a well deserved place on my 'must reads' shelf.
on 5 November 2017
Superb book. Utterly helpful. Incredible insights into human psychology & motivations. I highly recommend, not just to artists but to anyone struggling to find meaning in life.
on 8 April 2017
The book is motivating if you want to be motivated, it is encouraging, helpful, honest and thought provoking, but only if it is these things your actually seeking, I was ?
on 23 May 2017
It is an interesting read, collection of ideas. Really enjoyed read them. Made me consider things that I previously hadnot and examin my idealologies.

Really like the section about what a professional is. Still digesting it. A perfect read if your struggling with work.
on 13 December 2017
So full of wisdom and insight. This work doesn't just apply to artists and creators, but to anyone who feels resistance to anything. Resistance to moving on from the past, resistance to healing issues... just read it. It will open your eyes.
on 28 July 2017
Great book, worth reading twice, author explains in details how to deal with things that stopping us from doing the work.
on 6 August 2017
Lovely book and it is not just about art or being an artist as some might think from the title. But as the old saying goes " Never judge a book by it's cover ". So this is literally the case with this book. Enjoy it as much as I have.