on 4 September 2017
good
on 10 January 2016
Don't remember purchasing this
on 5 October 2013
This book is straight forward, well written explanations throughout the book help a user to gain a quick understanding of CSS. Highly Recommended
on 4 April 2013
I designed an update to my wife's Bridalwear website using the advice contained in this book. The routines covered enabled me to make faster code and do some startling things. It also gives advice on how to deal with quirky problems in various browsers. I am glad I bought this book.
on 3 November 2011
Exactly what I wanted.
If like me you've been trying to pick up CSS from blogs, tutorials and forums, then this is about filling in the blanks and giving confidence.

If you are in the same boat then you need a book at this level - and I think this is brilliantly written and full of stuff that's still relevant even though it was written in 2006 - a real bargain.

Also there's a lot of people out there using browsers that can only support CSS 2.1 - if you want to reach them then this book is necessary.
on 2 June 2011
I have to be honest and say I did not enjoy this book at all.
I came to it from a couple of starter CSS books and was looking to take the next step.
I don't think I found it here.
There are some good tips, but the way they are presented is at times infuriating.
They spend 2 pages detailing a technique to use only to tell you that its a rubbish technique and unsupported so instead you should use a different technique, which of course makes you wonder why they spent the previous 2 pages wasting your time.
Not really an advanced CSS book, more a recap of the basics with a few (often outdated) specific tips for code many people will rarely if ever use, and a real sense of the authors at times just showing off or merely cramming in sections to fill out the book.
Unimpressed.
on 30 May 2011
This is a great book if you're looking to sharpen-up, or completely learn to use CSS, the strange this is that there isn't really very much to CSS, so you could probably do every example within a day, at no fault of the book though.

I've learned a few (better) ways of doing things, and keep it as a casual reference.
VINE VOICEon 16 August 2010
I really like this book. When i started with CascadingStyle Sheets, I have problems wrappimg my head around pseudo selectors and Absolute and Relative position. Even after I started understanding them. With this book and HTML and CSS The Complete Reference by Powell, I finally conqured style sheets. After reading this book, and folowing along with the exercises, I can now code my own column based CSS Layouts, aw well as produce CSS drop-down menus that use pseudo selectors. The book is concise and in some cases I could not find certain this I wanted, but that's why you need more than one book so that they complement.
on 21 March 2009
Of all the CSS books I've bought and burnt the midnight oil with [so far] this is without doubt the best. It does not mess about. It tells you how to do it, why to do it and then does it with a short simple example. Bit by bit these small nibbles of concentrated information forms bites, then gradually, almost without you noticing, the CSS concept comes into focus.

This book is simple and straight forward. You will learn easily and without cranial auto-depilatory concerns. I recommend it highly. Why not 5 stars? It's a little short and needs more depth for true Nirvana. However, it comes real close. Want the whole 9-yards? Then get this to start with and then CSS - The missing Manual.
on 9 March 2009
This book about css is absolutely one of the best, basically because it handles issues that you just have to solve through experience, and the writer has that and gives it to the reader in a brilliant way. Very useful book.