Customer reviews

on 23 October 2016
Read with an open mind, it was touching and informative, with ideas that could really help us all and our planet. A bit repetitive in parts but I think he's just really trying to hammer some points in, and has Loaaads of other resources for further learning and discovery.
on 15 July 2016
This is the most extensively researched book I have ever read so far. It gives the most comprehensive analysis to identify and illumine the root cause of all the challenges facing us as a human culture. An amazing and transformational book. It sets forth a positive momentum and vision to bring a message of peace, love and much needed healing to our world.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 February 2015
GREAT STUFF COMPASSION IN ACTION TO ALL BEINGS , ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PEACE , HEALTH AND HAPPINESS (YJ)
on 27 May 2016
Best!!!!!!
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2012
This is a great book on the subject and thoroughly enjoyable reading experience. I read the pbk and also listened to the audio book which is narrated very well by the author. For part of the book I did feel like it was all hopeless and there could be no way to make things better as it all seemed so bleak but by the end of the book, the author had me uplifted and in a much more positive frame of mind. This book covers every aspect of what it means to eat animals/animal products, the history of why we do and the consequences of doing so.
on 29 May 2012
Will Tuttle's book The World Peace Diet, was nothing short of a transformation in consciousness. I've travelled all over the world, pushed every boundary I could, and went over the edge many times. Read many many spiritual new age books. Spent years in therapy. Trained as a therapist. Practiced yoga, meditated. All of these things were useful, were steps along the way. But discovering Will Tuttle and his work has been the transformation I always sought but never found. He has all the pieces of the puzzle. He sees the roots of oppression in our society very clearly. Explains them in a way which communicates much more than words. Listening to him, brings me into my own heart. He's so without guile. He speaks from the place I want to be. The place, I'm learning now, to be.

What he's saying, is that we as a species, become essentially messed up, by the very act of eating other animals. We are living in a disconnected, disenfranchised state. Split in our consciousness, by living a lie. Deep down, we are all kind, loving, compassionate people. But we aren't living our values. Kind people don't brutally murder other living beings unnecessarily. They don't live in such a disconnected state from nature that they destroy the very environment they depend on to survive.

Something is very wrong. Even as we pretend it isn't, and get on seeking after the illusions the adverts sell us. We live in oppressive systems, exhausted, chasing things we never find.
What we are looking for is our hearts, our integrity, and the capacity to live in loving meaningful connection to all other living beings, and the Earth herself.

But we are conditioned, programmed to be otherwise. To be as we are. A crazy, destructive, violent people, who are not living from their deepest truth, who are not living with the compassion and kindness they truly are.

Reading this book is like having the mechanism of the oppressive system which conditions us to be this way, exposed. Brought to light, as its understood, we can find healing and release. Find our way home.

It's a book of such hope. But it doesn't pull any punches. He understands thoroughly the urgency of the situation, and sees the big picture, what's happening to the oceans, the environment, the animals, the people, the Earth. He knows the situation is dire. But he has such faith in us, and he offers the tools to help us free ourselves. Will Tuttle's book to me offers a light of hope.

Peace.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 May 2017
Didn't find this easy to read to stopped, although being a raw vegan I am sure it is a very good book, I will finish it one day
on 26 May 2011
This has got to be one of the most amazing books I have ever read..........not pleasant at times but the TRUTH! .....and beautifully and thoughtfully written...........in my life just when I needed it! thank you Will Tuttle
on 29 May 2012

Peace.
on 16 March 2011
This book is life changing. It is the most comprehensive book I have read on our imperative to adopt a plant based diet. Tuttle's breath of knowledge on human psychology, sociology, anthropology, the environment, our economy and our physical and spiritual being is profound. His insight into animal life is as enlightened as you are likely to find. His compassion for all life makes this a book you can not afford to ignore.