Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 April 2017
I like Pema Chodrun books and this may be the last one for my collection. The same book can only be written in so many ways and one tires of this repetition after while. Good book as always.
on 10 December 2012
Brilliantly shows a way of getting unstuck from unhelpful habits, addictions and patterns. For anyone with the courage to follow the guidance in this book it could mean liberation.
on 7 April 2017
easy read
on 11 January 2015
This book is life changing, in all the ways it intends to be. The path to enlightenment is hard and I don't think I am there yet - but I have a basic map, and a heart that wants to take the first step.
on 6 January 2013
This is a very short book, but that in no way diminishes it. Time and again Pena Chodron reminds us the simple basic truths that can really transform how we react to situations. Nothing complicated, nothing esoteric, just clear gentle reminders of how things are.
on 7 June 2011
Pema Chodron writes in an easy to understand practical manner. I think it is accessible for everyone and every level. Also although she is bhuddist, her writing crosses all fields and is not limited or bound by a particular faith. I like her writing very much. I have also read Start Where You Are which I want to buy for all my friends.
on 29 April 2011
I have quite a few books and audios by Pema Chodron and "Taking the Leap" has given me an enormous insight into the practices of Buddhism and is so elegantly and clearly written that anybody could put her words into practice. She shows you the way and you either follow her teachings or not, it's as easy as that!!
on 11 May 2017
"As human beings we have the potential to disentangle ourselves from old habits, and the potential to love and care about each other. We have the capacity to wake up and live consciously, but, you may have noticed, we also have a strong inclination to stay asleep. It’s as if we are always at a crossroad, continuously choosing which way to go. Moment by moment we can choose to go toward further clarity and happiness or toward confusion and pain."
Mindfulness towards oneselves, others and everything - compassion for oneselves and all others - striving to open-mindedness, harmony and peace. A beautiful message, a beautiful book.
on 24 January 2013
This book is absolutely brilliant if you are in a crisis. It explains the useful technique of pausing to allow what needs to be felt to arise spaciously, rather than suppressing or acting out. A little bible for those times when we have lost balance...she seems to have this way of bringing me home...even if it's just for a second or two, and reminding me to pause frequently throughout the day. For those times when I just can't get through the inertia to arrive serenely on my mat and meditate....when I am trying to run away from the present, this is the book. Her words are fresh, not cliched. She walks her talk and uses wry, amusing and humbling anecdotes that keep you engaged..
As effective as "The Power of Now", by Tolle
on 1 February 2013
Pema is a fantastic writer of the Dharma and I so appreciate and value her pithy teachings. Her writing is succinct and to the point and really has a huge impact on my life. Thanks Pema.