on 3 June 2013
I've been looking for a book of patterns like this for ages; something a bit different that doesn't shout 'homemade'. Handy paper patterns in the back of the book for you to copy makes it even better.
on 13 August 2014
Arrived promptly. Delightful patterns. Am looking forward to giving some of them a go.
on 18 November 2009
I do like this book. The photography is beautiful, as is the young girl modeling the clothes. The instructions are clear and easy to understand for an intermediate sewer/ seamstress.
Some of the garments do sew up lovely, such as the chemise and the white cotton dress. However, please be aware that some really do look ugly once produced. A lot of this is to do with some garments which are left unhemmed. In my opinion this causes the garment to look tatty and scruffy. I do think that the clothing would look better if hemmed.
I have made the natural cotton skirt for my niece, but I am not giving it to her until it is hemmed as it looks terribly messy unhemmed (the way the book says to make it)
There are also some items, such as the black linen hat, that are suitable only for dress up play. Seriously, if your child wore this to school or to the playground or park, they would be bullied.
Another important point is that the book is written for the American market and so all measurements are in inches. There are no conversion charts for those of us on this side of the Atlantic. If you do not have a head for conversions you may struggle with this book.
on 4 November 2009
I am so excited to have this book - I have a number of surrogate grand daughters! I love making little clothes for them - this book is full of really sweet ideas - the instructions look clear and easy to follow, there is a coat I can't wait to try out - some very simple little things that you don't really need a pattern for - but mostly some very lovely little dresses and tunics - I am in heaven!
on 18 June 2013
A couple of nice designs, but not many that I can see myself actually making. Children's clothes need to be practical and durable, not only pretty...
on 1 June 2010
Nothing new in this book, and the style of the clothes really is carefree... or careless? They really look like old rags, and do not invite me to make them. I will definitely return this book. I was really disappointed, because I expected one of these lovely japanese patterns book, translated into english for once. This book is nothing like that, even though the photographs definitely have the right quality.
on 7 April 2010
Some lovely patterns, clear instructions and plenty of scope for your own interpretations.

Sizing appears to be good and both the little smocks I have made for my girls came out beautifully.