Customer reviews

on 18 June 2016
Michael Stone's teachings are modern and relevant in this materialistic, commercialised globalised society. The ancient yoga sutras are often over analysed. Michael Stone openly states that there is no point in trying to take meaning from thousands of years ago and apply them to present society. He's a sanskrit scholar himself so, he isn't getting the translation from other people.

Ethics is something I am very passionate about, especially in regards to the environment, fair-trade, the cruelty of animals and I find it difficult to see all people around me living without a thought for any of these things. Yoga is about interconnectedness and Michael Stone's teachings are what I think are missing from yoga at this current time. I hope this book will have a positive influence on people who practise yoga and that Western yoga evolves beyond asana classes and do the rest on your own attitude'.
on 27 July 2012
Well.....first review ever so hope I don't disappoint. This book is fabby, written in a way that I can understand (& believe me I get confused easily) it really speaks to ones heart & soul. I look forward to reading more my this author :)