on 5 July 2002
A brilliantly illustrated book of verse that is a must for all carers of under 5's. The verses themselves are a joy to read aloud. The tape that comes with the book brings life to the jungle and its animals. Hugh Lawrie's wit shines through the narrative. The flipside enables the child to follow the tape while reading the book and has a marvellous selection of music that represents the different jungle animals. Every home should have a copy.
on 2 October 2005
This book is fantastic! We have to read this to our 2 year old daughter every bed time. She loves it and can't wait to get to the Gorilla wear every night she tells him that he can't cuddle the ants that are on every page as he will squash them!!
The book is full of colour, great pictures and brilliant poems that are so easy to read! If you only ever buy one book from Giles Andreae make sure it this one.
on 12 November 2007
Earlier this evening I finished reading Rumble in the Jungle to my 19 month old son for the 3rd night in a row. He has more than 40 picture books in his bedtime books selection but for the last month or 2 he has been almost exclusively fixated with this one (only Room on the Broom or the Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson get a look in now and again). Yes it could be a bit boring reading the same book every night but when when he roars with the lion and thumps his chest with the gorilla it's worth it every time! Great pictures, great rhymes, great fun.
Apr 2010: Above was written well over 2 years ago and, as far as this book is concerned, not much has changed. At almost 4, my son still adores it and tonight, for the first time, his 13 month old little brother came out with a lion's roar!
on 2 January 2003
This book is amazing. It has so many cross-curricular benefits, across Primary and Seconday Teaching. I am a music teacher and found that children of all ages really enjoyed making music to this story. It also incorporates English, and possibly Drama if you wanted it to. It is a great educational resource. Evey teacher should have it!! I think the Government should issue one to every teacher! :-)
on 15 June 2001
This is a really terrific book which my son loves. The pictures are bright and dramatic and eyecatching - even for little ones. The poems and simple and funny and the information is straight forward and not kiddified (i.e.moo cows nonsense)
on 14 January 2000
My three year old has developed a massive appreciation for poetry via this wonderful book. He now recites the rhyming verses with pace and inflection. He is graduating to commotion in the ocean now!
I recommend this book as a perfect gift for any child under the age of five.
on 26 February 2001
You can almost hear the drums beating as you turn the pages of this colourful book and read the first two lines! It is written in a fashion that will capture a child's attention immediately, and with the jungle animals hiding behind the trees and in the long grass on the adjoining page there is instant wonder as to what animals can be found. Very entertaining for both adults and children, the rhymes are fun to read and soon easily remembered by children so encouraging them to join in. An excellent choice for children from as young as 1 year, you'll never tire of the rhymes and it's excellent fun watching your child pretending to be each animal in turn.
on 14 December 2013
I know this book well from my time working in preschool and would recommend it for all young children. I bought this one for my 5 year old granddaughter and I know that she and her 2 year old brother will love it as I shall enjoy reading it to them. The illustrations and the rhyming story makes a readable story that can be enjoyed over and over. I can't wait for Christmas!
Prompt delivery and well packed.
on 19 June 2016
My daughter who has just turned 6 absolutely loves this book. She knows it by heart and now reads it to me and her younger siblings. I know that all the other children in her class at school love this book too as my daughter hadn't managed to get a lend of it from the school library all year which resulted in me buying it fir her. I would recommend it.
on 16 December 2011
The book is beautifully presented, with lovely pop-up/activity sections, however, I was disappointed with the very small number of animal poems/pictures and pages.

I was buying this book as a gift and as the owner of the non-pop-up version of the book, rightly or wrongly I had expected the full version of the book (13 animal poem & pictures)to be provided with the pop-up's as extras. From memory, I think the pop-up book consisted of just 4 animal poem & pictures.

Maybe I just misinterpreted the product information, as I thought the sample pages displayed were just that - a sample and not practically the whole book.

Still a lovely gift for a young child.