on 27 January 2008
Like other reviewers I too was slightly confused by the publishers claims that this book contains instructions for shoe/glove embellishment and for making garters, as the actual book itself does not mention any of these or claim to include them-someone needs to check this and sort it otherwise more people will be annoyed by this mistake.

Apart from this the instructions for veils and headpieces are pretty good, and easily enough to allow anyone to make a really pretty veil. Also good are the instructions on making a variety of ribbon and fabric flowers and decorations, and how to use real flowers to create a headpiece. Buy this if you want to make a veil or trim a headpiece, but not if you want anything else!
VINE VOICEon 20 July 2005
I bought this book because the publisher's synopsis states it contains not just veils and headdresses but instructions for wedding accessories including garters and shoe/glove embellishments. Search as I might, I could not find one word concerning these accessories. Veils and headdresses, yes, and pretty ones, but nothing more. I found it really disappointing. I already had "I Do Veils" (q.v.) so this book gave me nothing extra at all.
on 21 October 2011
I was really pleased with this book, full of clever ideas and straightforward instructions.It has inspired me to continue making headdresses (I made my daughter-in-laws)now fully armed with tips and tricks of the trade.
on 15 March 2013
I purchased a 2nd hand copy from Goldstone Books this month, their delivery was prompt with a request for feedback. The content is slightly dated - 1980's but I feel still relevant. Do veils ever date? Plenty of advice and ideas to try out, lots of photos and drawings to look at. Found the text easy to follow. The suppliers listed are American, not an issue with me. I occasionally make period costumes and could incorporate some of the ideas given in this book for the head dresses. Easy to follow for novices. I am happy to recommend the book.
on 15 February 2014
I bought this book for ideas and 'get started' ideas. It certainly did that and gave know how, however I only wanted to make a veil and not other accessories.
on 27 August 2013
Lovely book. Not quite what I was looking for but it will help with getting my head round what needs to be done, considered etc.
on 21 December 2014
A good summary covering traditional veils but the techniques are not that well explained and the book feels a little dated now.
on 21 November 2015