on 27 August 2017
A well written book that puts things into the present day and does its best to dispel all the rubbish around our sexual behaviour.
on 3 March 2017
Good book, humorously written.
When you're thinking about non monogamous relationships this is the perfect book for you. If you just want to broaden your worldview, this is a good book too.
on 13 March 2017
I've recently discovered 'polyamory' and realized it's what I've been missing in my life for a long time! I've been married for years but recently 'came out' to my husband and we're trying to figure out what works for us. But even after just a few dates... I'm beyond happy! It's improved our relationship and given me what I've always yearned for! Thank god I have an understanding Husband! I bought this book after a poly woman on Instagram suggested it and I'm so glad I did!! It's like the authors are in my head and they're saying all the things I've been thinking. It's made me realize I'm not weird or wrong.. just different from the main stream. I would 100% recommend this!!! It's an amazing read.
on 9 October 2011
An interesting approach to human interaction, and a very enjoyable read trough. A significant list of related publication are given as reference at the end of it, providing an opportunity to read more about connected subjects.

The advice can be applied to polyamorous settings, including the special case of monoamory, and hence the read should not be reserved to the strict former case.

If you wish to get some information about the subject, it is a good buy; if you want to learn about peoples take on respect and limit setting it is a good buy; if you wonder whether this type of setting is a good thing for you, it is a good way to get an idea as to which issues one is likely to encounter and hence a good buy.
In the general sense, it is a well written publication, leaving the reader full liberty to think and setting a respectful framework to relationships. Get it!
on 1 December 2016
Quite emotional way of narrating. Brags about willing to change the meaning of 'slut', calling you so. I stop believing in this 'change the meaning of words' idea. Consider the book 'Rewriting the rules' instead, which has a more analytical approach: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ABLAMU6/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o01_?ie=UTF8&psc=1
on 27 August 2014
I like it, and it's useful for people who are new to poly, open relationships, alternative lifestyles etc. The chapter on jealousy is particularly insightful.

I started reading it, but didn't finish as I found the style a bit saccharin. It is, however, totally accessible and shows consideration to all genders, orientations, self-definitions and lifestyles. Good to dip into when having a polywobble.

It's also brilliant to have on your shelf when your date comes round as the literary equivalent of pampas grass on your front drive.
When spotted, it almost always prompts discussion, whether that's, 'Gosh, what's this?' or, 'Aaaaah, so you're sex-positive too. Yay.' A good intro for newbies on consent, compassion and sharing the lurve.
on 11 August 2014
This book was quite challenging to read as it is a long way from what could be considered the "norm". It was a good starting point for an introduction into the poly model of relationships espoused. Would recommend it even that it was a little autobiographical and learning how to negotiate the subject matter from a book can only ever be a road map. I suspect the reality is somewhat more difficult.
on 25 November 2016
Interesting read with lots of practical advice and stories of experience to draw on when thinking about this aspect of life and relationships.
on 21 May 2015
This is basically good. I found it a little bit kumbaya at times (prefering the style of 'More Than Two') but it's still been really helpful. The exercises in this book are what really make it stand out from the other books on poly I've read.
on 23 October 2016
Bought this for my polyamorous partner as a birthday gift. He read it cover to cover multiple times and carried it around with him everywhere! We've done a few of the exercises from it and found it very helpful and he's found it to be a very healing/ validating book. Would absolutely recommend.