on 31 January 2011
Well maybe it does, although I am still not sure.

I used this book to pass the Cisco QOS exam, it was the last exam I had to take in order to gain my CCIP.

The book provides a great introduction to the use of QOS, and by the end of it you will be completely familiar with MQC, DSCP, IP Precedence, and all the other great acronyms that make up QOS.

If you want to learn about QOS, or if your looking to pass the exam then this book is the one to get.

I sort of enjoyed studying QOS, although in my work I don't tend to have to implement it, but it's a requirment these days and I hope to use it soon.
on 1 June 2007
I used this study guide and some virtual labs to pass the 642-642 QoS exam.

The book certainly helped with exam preparation but has proven to be useful long after the exam. I still find myself referring back to it when designing converged architectures.

The accompanying CD contains a pdf copy of the text so you don't have to carry the book around with you. Unfortunately the copyright protection means you can only install it one computer so if you have a laptop and desktop choose wisely because afterwards your stuck. I installed it on my desktop and wish I hadn't.

Overall one of the best books in the Cisco range.
on 6 October 2012
This is a splendid book for those wishing to learn a reasonable level of QOS either for the exam itself or, in my case, as extra knowledge for CCIE R&S. The CCNP R&S tends not to cover QOS in enough depth for my present requirements (it isn't designed to). It is very pleasant to study one of Wendell Odim's books again as I find his style to be very readable and thorough.

On the downside I very, very much regret buying the kindle edition of this book. The usual free exam practice questions on the CD are missing and not even available through Amazon or Cisco Press. This is especially galling as the hardcover version contains the electronic version of the book along with the questions on the CD. This makes the kindle version much more expensive as you then have to buy the hardcover version.

In my opinion Mr Odim's practice questions are well worth while as they seem to be harder and more searching than what you will face in the real exam.

In summary, excellent book but in my opinion Cisco Press kindle books are not suitable for exam study and I will never buy one again. Go for the hard cover version and you will not be ripped-off.
on 23 April 2018
Very Happy with the Product!!!
on 9 November 2008
Just passed the QOS exam using this book and have to say its one of the most readable Cisco books out there. The examples are well written and meaningful, and have are real world stuff that you'll relate to.
If your doing the exam then this really is a must read, if not its still an really good reference book... highly recommended.
on 6 February 2005
I have just recently passed the Cisco QoS exam (642-642). I have to say that this is and excellent read. Before I read this book I had very little knowledge of QoS, however this book covers all the relevant topics to pass the exam. The book also include extra topics related to QoS but not in the exam. However these are only included on a CD. There are also some excellent questions to help prepare for the exam which are included on the CD. There are however a few mistakes in the answers to the questions included so beware. If you are thinking of taking the QoS exam then this is a must have.
on 16 December 2008
I used this to pass my 350-001 CCIE Written exam. Cisco however now only use WRED, CBWFQ & LLQ, all the others such as PQ & CQ have been dropped. Every time I needed to refer back to something or lab something up, this provided clear concise configuration examples. I really cant fault it. Yes all Cisco Press books, in fact all books will have some typos, I noticed some with the bandwidth-remaining percent examples regarding CBWFQ & LLQ examples but if you actually replicate to get the full understanding then you will know whats correct and this is a minor.

All in all a valuable part of my extensive Cisco Library...

Well Done Wendell!!
on 13 March 2009
This is the second time I've used this book - first when I made my QoS exam and now for my CCIE certification. This is a good book, full of examples and with a clear language.
Very good.
on 9 January 2010
having bought & read this book to certify towards CCVP. I've found it easy to follow, (apart from the mountain of facts - but that cant be helped) this book is well laid out and really played a key part in my passing the QOS exam with a high grade. Well laid out book and excellent "do i know this chapter" and "Chapter summary" questions. Essential if you're trying to certify!!
on 10 September 2009
Thanks very much - fastest shipping - from basket to reading in 10 hours !