on 1 July 2011
I never tire of listening to David Sedaris. This recording includes 'Six to Eight Black Men', which is one of his funniest; I'd loved to have been in the audience in Carnegie Hall when this was recorded. I've also bought 'Me Talk Pretty One Day', which is equally delightful, and I intend buying more.
on 7 October 2013
Having heard David Sedaris on BBC Radio 4 I wanted to hear more - this audio CD came up to expectations - very funny, thought provoking and deceptivelfy simple to listen to. I think he is an aquired taste, thankfully I have acquired it and will seek out more CD. I enjoy his books, but hearing him read them adds immensely to the enjoyment.
on 3 December 2017
brought for colleague David Sedaris can do no wrong
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 December 2013
How could David Sedaris fail to have his audiences crying with laughter. He is one of the world's greatest humorists
on 14 November 2012
I think that David Sedaris is an acquired taste so if you don't know his work and randomly come across this CD then you might want to read or listen to some of his stuff before puchasing it. However if alreadly like David Sedaris then I would recommend this.

Six-eight Black Men is one of his funniest anecdotes yet and had me laughing uproariously.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 August 2011
David Sedaris Live at Carnegie Hall is a recording of excerpts from Sedaris 2002 tour, recorded at Carnegie Hall. Repeat After Me is a piece that explores the use of family anecdotes, in this case, of his somewhat paranoid sister Lisa, for material in his books and essays. Hilarious throughout, the last line none-the-less brings a lump to the throat. Who's the Chef explores dinner party conversations and one-up-manship. Lesson Three explores going clothing shopping with Amy; Lesson Four, male accessories, in particular an external catheter. Six to Eight Black Men explores local gun laws and Christmas customs in foreign countries. As a Cloggie, this one was particularly entertaining. Throughout, Sedaris self-deprecating manner and original humour has the audience rolling in the aisles.
on 13 April 2010
We laughed till we cried when listening to this CD, haven't laughed so much in ages. A great tonic. BUY IT!!!
on 3 November 2010
Having heard him earlier in the year on Radio 4 I bought 'Holidays on Ice' for some friends, as it has '6 to 8 black men' on it, which I think is his funniest piece, but the rest of that disc wasn't really suitable. This is an ideal introduction to his work, as it's funny and the audience really helps sell the humour. At 70 mins though, it is a little short, hence only 3 stars.
on 9 December 2011
Love this CD - great for the car. Just a funny little guy reading out his essays - but it certainly appeals to me.
on 4 February 2012
A new find for me - and slightly mystifying: listening to someone who sounds like Woody Allen's younger brother producing yard upon yard of often random thoughts shouldn't be quite as hypnotically fascinating - but it certainly is!
Not always laugh-out-loud, but often wry-smile-out-loud.
And yes, I would go to hear him if he ever came to the UK.