on 10 July 2014
Top read for anyone whose into philosophy or history, although it just the tip of and iceberg. This book is part of the truth about our real past and a good starting point for anyone new to the subject or concept that we create our own reality with our thoughts. This happens if we are conscious of it (ideal way so we can create our own lives and manifest what we desire) or and sadly, and this is how the world operates, we let other people tell us what to believe and therefor think via religions, science, education and every mainstream media body, thus creating a reality that is bias toward the elite.

Well written though and well translated but not the full story.
on 19 November 2015
A good overview of the Corpus Hermeticum. The authors have distilled the content of the Corpus Hermeticum and made it accessible and reader friendly to those who are curious but whom may have trouble understand the concepts presented in the original text, and let's be honest, that is most of us. Their annotation, although basic, is nonetheless very helpful in enabling the reader to gain a greater understanding of what is being presented in the texts themselves. However, this said, and despite their obvious great efforts, I am unsure that such a small book does the original text justice as the authors have themselves selected what they felt to be the most relevant passages. Consequently, this book would be most useful as a precursor to other more comprehensive commentaries, or as a primer to prepare one to read the text themselves. But without doubt the book fills a gap in the market as all things hermetically are once again becoming increasingly popular.
on 30 July 2016
The Hermetic writings are actually quite vast, what this book does is distill the core ideas expressing them firstly as a modern interpretation and secondly through poetic prose. There are actually some interesting concepts in here that I was already aware of from other reading spiritual sources but hadn't realised that they linked back to ancient Egypt. There's a big debate as to whether or not the writings of Hermes Trismagestus are actually ancient Egyptian in origin or written by Greek authors in Alexandria. If the latter is the case I don't feel that it diminishes the power of the text. They still are, after all, as old as most biblical texts. There's a heavy gnostic element to Hermes teachings, especially the separation of the sole and the layers it loses through transcendence, which put me in mind of the
Gospel of Mary Magdalene. I gave it 5 stars because it was very engaging and enjoyable to read, but it by no means covered the whole subject and left me wanting to read more. But as a straightforward introduction it's a great read at a great price. I would recommend it to anyone instructed in ancient religions and spiritual practices.
on 10 March 2015
This is a nice little book filled with very deep esoteric wisdom, This wisdom contained in this book, has brightened ideas that i have already pondered, and made me contemplate on this and further understand it. But the words in this book have to be contemplated to be fully understood, in fact, it even says in this book that wisdom needs to be contemplated to be fully understood. Also the authors did a great job relaying the wisdom in this book for the current era.

Here is a quote from the hermetica in this book, these words should intice any avid reader.
"language is inadequate.
The gods sing a hymn of silence,
and i am silently listening"

If that is not true wisdom, then i don't know what is.
on 25 June 2017
A well structured book. The introductions and explanations before each verse are most helpful. Making this an excellent read. Thank You.
on 4 November 2016
Fascinating book. I couldn't put it down - read it from cover to cover and then slipped it into my shoulder bag to dip into when out and about. An extremely clear introduction to the subject and gives much food for thought.
on 25 April 2017
Probably the best book in my esoteric library. A must read for anyone interested in spirituality, theology or Egyptology. The path to light.
on 14 March 2014
A good book for an introduction to hermeticism. The book basically gives a basic outline of hermetica but explains it well so it is easy to understand, you wont be overwhelmed by long, complicated text, plus a little history. Great as an introduction for beginers.
on 2 November 2014
Felt like I was an ancient Egyptian, well written translation of the Hermetica, and captures well, the idea of Atum- The godhead. It's a very small book, and I read it quickly. However brief, it was inspiring in its own spiritual way. Phrases nicely, and vivid language, enjoyed my journey through this book. Into the land of ancient egyptian thought.
on 4 June 2017
Excellent book, definitely worth the price for what you get. Straight to the core of the Hermetic teaching.