on 24 June 2010
This book is georgeous !There are indeed afghans for all tastes in it, and some of them are amazing !I particularly liked "Bright Star", which is like the patchwork pattern of the same name( not that any crocheter needs to be told that you can imitate patchwork very successfully in crochet ); then there was the classic simplicity of "Spiral", "Houndstooth"and "Mindfull " , plus the sheer fun of "Irish Floral".This book is a real pleasure to browse through, as well as tempting you to try several of the afghans and throws shown
I would rate this book as excellent.
(One small warning : the terminology is American. )
on 25 January 2012
This book is fantastic, I cannot recommend it highly enough. All of the patterns are completely gorgeous, I honestly think I want to make all of them! The best thing about this book is there are patterns for every level of knitter and crocheter (and a good balance of knit and crochet patterns too) - there are some that are very simple yet effective that even a beginner could make, and there are more accomplished pieces using cabling, colourwork etc, for advanced crafters (and for beginners to aspire to). I'm a beginner knitter myself and find so many books like this are full of things I can't make and it makes you feel like giving up before you've even started - but this book is the antidote to that. I only began knitting around a month ago and have just embarked on the 'Seersucker' design from this book - I'm finding the instructions very clear and easy to follow. I've been crocheting for a number of years, and there are also more advanced crochet designs for me to do. I can see this book being my constant companion for a good number of years yet.
on 7 November 2010
As a seasoned knitter I am quite hard to impress afghan wise but this book is amazing!
on 20 November 2012
This is a great book with lots of beautiful knitting and crochet patterns. Although not all of them are what i would make, it is still a great book to reference and adapt stitch patterns to your own tastes. Clear and concise instructions and great illustrations.
on 7 February 2013
This book is the only one that I have come across that contains a design that I wanted to have a go at. Most afghans tend to be done as a big square, mix of squares or strips so it was nice to come across one that contains different shapes.
on 28 December 2011
Beautiful photos and good pattern descriptions. I have yet to start on one but I'm hoping the end product will look as good as this book. Lovely deigns, I think I love every pattern, it will be hard to choose which one to make first!
on 5 December 2012
LOve this book. Every pattern is nice and they vary. lots of different ideas. If you have this book you probably would not need another. It has everything..
on 8 August 2010
This book gives lots of ideas that would also be interesting to make as well as adaptations you could incorporate in other items.
on 29 February 2016
Only a couple of the patterns were ones I thought I might use
on 18 January 2016
I want to knit every thing at once NOW!!!!!!!!!