on 15 July 2006
This is just a lovely book. I find myself sitting gazing at the pictures in a transfixed state of envy. I guess it's a coffee table book, but there's lots of useful information in it too. It's not too American for English collectors and is wonderfully inspiring for a trawl through the vintage jewellery category on eBay. Ideal for armchair collectors!
on 11 August 2009
It is difficult for me to review this book as basically it is totally different from what I expected. I thought it would be about making charm bracelets for oneself rather than details of charm bracelets owned by the rich and famous and so on. As a maker of jewellery I had presumed it to be a technical book which it is not. There are some lovely pictures in it and a bit of history regarding the reasons why people wear charm bracelets but I'm afraid it's too coffee table for me and I was disappointed with my purchase on this occasion. I'm sure someone who is not a jewellery maker as such will enjoy reading it.
on 27 December 2013
Good photos,and a nice little potted history of famous charmers...people who collected charms.

Some good ideas for starting a charm bracelet...theme a collection - people, places, events, things.

You don't have to be a millionaire to have an outstanding bracelet full of your own history. You can start a new family tradition or extend an existing one...pass one along to your daughters or help them start their own.

People are always fascinated by the origin of various charms.
on 1 June 2010
Very pretty book, with wonderful photographs of intricate and unusual charms and bracelets. Deals more with the personal side of charm collection, each bracelet comes with it's own history and story. Further more the minimal last chapter has some interesting suggestions with regards to gifting charms and bracelets, definitely not a book for crafting. Good value for money also.
on 1 February 2009
A great little compendium of charm bracelets. It this is a hobby of yours, or you just love them, then this is a nice book.