on 23 September 2013
I do not believe in anything that says "life changing" and this book doesn't claim that.
my son had emotional worries following a dog bite to the face. without knowing about this book, I told him that you are not your brain. you are what controls your brain in order to help him control his flash backs.
some time after I stumbled upon this title and had to buy it.
this is truly a life changing book....
12 people found this helpful
on 12 May 2016
A good overview of how to modify habits but it is very boring.
One person found this helpful
on 15 May 2017
Thoroughly engaging and gets you thinking straight from the off. Although I feel I don't struggle with deceptive brain messages too frequently. I'm far more aware of when they arise and know how to tackle them to minimise the negative impact.
on 29 January 2016
Interesting, and useful advice for those of us with bothersome brains, but It takes an entire book to say what could have been said in virtually a single chapter. However, still worth reading, just about.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 May 2012
I quite enjoyed the OCD book 'brain lock' but I found this did not really make sense in the way that brain lock did. The general message of 'it's not me...it's my brain' wasn't really explained very well, and the whole concept only made sense to me because I had read brain lock.
10 people found this helpful
on 27 December 2012
This is a Great Self Help Book of Use to Everyone.
Especially Good for people with Depression, Anxiety Disorders, OCD , etc.
One person found this helpful
on 10 January 2017
Every body should to read it♡
on 2 February 2014
Brilliant book. And the 4 step method really worked for me.i would very much like to meet the author one day. Brilliant work , well written, clear and concise.
3 people found this helpful
on 7 August 2014
Okay, not everyone is going to welcome the information in this book because it tells the truth. Overcoming habitual addictive behaviour is not easy. It will take time. But it IS possible. This book will show you how. I have been in personal development for twenty years, written books and delivered seminars and talks. But I still secretly hoped that I would not have to feel or face some of the emotions that came from negative programming. We are all, it seems, looking for that magic button. Now, sometimes it exists. If you use Morty Lefkoe's work or are brave enough to tackle MindLines and Winning the Inner Game by Michael hall, you can create immediate changes of mind and feelings. But that takes time and serious study. YANYB teaches you to recognise the feelings that go with negative thinking and from almost page 2 SHOWS you that your brain has actually been altered by your negative thinking. Henceforth, even when you want to access the 'wise advocate' part of you it constantly gets run over by the truck which your brain has become. You get taught a simple (but not easy) four step process and the chapter explain what each step means in detail. I have been using this for a week or two now and every time I recognise the pain of rejection in my mind I use the process. It still hurts. It's still unwanted. But each day I am waking up stronger and any negative thoughts are lasting less and less time (to be fair, I combine this with mind clearing meditation as well which I am sure helps). This book is absolutely fantastic and I have no doubt that I am getting the real, wiser me back. Combine this with the book The One Thing Holding you Back and you will make great progress.
12 people found this helpful
on 21 September 2016
Loved this book as it provides a simple model and tools to sort your s*** out
2 people found this helpful