on 27 October 2011
Bought the book after watching "Last Heart Attack" on CNN. I am following the food plan in the for my overall health not just my heart. I enjoy it.
on 10 October 2013
I have seen the video about this book "Forks over Knives" . If you have had a heart attack or a bypass this is essential reading for you ... follow its precepts and and never get another heart problem again
on 27 December 2012
This book has a lot of scientific evidence which is compelling .. but it is not straight forwards and goes against all the common accepted knowledge .. if you can be a pure vegan not even using vegetable oil then this book is for you and contains a lot of recipes and menus .. I returned the book the same day as I felt that it is not standard diet advice and not doable ..

I received a lot of comments and to be fair .. I said if you can follow the strict Vegan recipe then this book is for you .. otherwise for a non-Vegan like myself it is not practical .. and the most important thing for any advice is to be practically doable and people can comply .. this one is especially so as it requires a complete life style change .. if it can only be followed by very disciplined people already sold to the ideas and recipes then it is a niche book .. if it can be followed by the masses then I am one of those weak beings who cannot comply !!
66 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2013
You be wrong if you thought this book is only about heart disease. In fact i think the title dramatic as it is sell its short . it should be called How to prevent Killer Diseases and Reverse Them. I don't care what anyone says this book and the China Study have and will saves lives. the day will come when these ideas will be mainstream because if taken on board not only will lives be saved but trillions of dollars and euros etc. Will be freed up in the health sector to treat non-preventable illnesses. I am involved in website called Roots2Life dot com. its involved in promoting healthy choices in food and lifestyle and lot of what we promote is based on this book and others like it.
on 29 September 2011
I am absolutely delighted to have received this book written by Dr Esselstyn Jr M.D., which will now allow me an altenative to Lipitor 10 and/or at least be less dependant on medication. While watching CNN and an interview with the former President Bill Clinton I was sold on the idea. Thanks again, John Bergin.
on 5 February 2013
This is a very good book, but I can't give it 5 stars as much of the research runs contrary to peer-reviewed scientific evidence published in JAMA or the BMJ for example. Nevertheless, I found it informative and thought provoking, and will try reduce my cholesterol with his suggestions. I've even given the recipes a go. They're okay, and like anything, will require patience and a change of habit. Maybe Esselstyn should hook up with a celebrity chef to reach more people?
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 November 2013
The book relates the experience of Caldwell B Esselstyn in aiding Heart Disease patients. His diet approach to improving health would be very difficult for most people to start in there later years. However one can only be impressed in what he has achieved.
on 20 August 2013
I was so choked when I read this book! I could not believe it! It is so simple to treat heart diseases that could not be true. But I read work from other authors and they agree this is the best way. If you are thinking about it, try! You will not regret.
on 23 February 2015
Everyone who values their health or as had a heart attack needs to read this before​ consuming the chemicals that the NHS give you. This book will give you the bottom line
on 19 December 2013
This is an amazing book with highly valuable information that completely shatters modern orthodoxy and that everyone benefits from obtaining. Highly recommended.