on 12 February 2014
The book is interesting from the point of view of psychology and is glimpse into the world of German politics in the 1960s and 1970s.

I found the writing compelling and intriguing too!
on 8 November 2011
Ulrike Meinhof' book was a very good read and it was nice to re discover her writings. powerful stuff that I found very relevant for these times. Made me want to watch the film and was very emotive.
on 16 May 2010
By pure accident, until recently I left unread the closing notes of Ulrike Meinhoff's daughter and I was quite disturbed by the amount of stupidity in this text. Living my whole life behind The Iron Curtain and knowing very well the communist system and its methods, Ulrike's daughter struggles to prove her mother was a communist for someone like me only looked as an act of insane attempt to prove the unprovable. Hence the editor's note: "This essay was the condition in exchange for the publication rights", a kind of blackmail to me, isn't it? So, do yourself a favour and tear out the pages 256-264, this way you will have an extraordinary body of work of an extraordinary free-minded thinker that lived in post-Nazi Germany.
on 17 February 2010
Revisiting political literature from the sixties/seventies means a historical excursion where you will discover that some of the texts from Ulrike Meinhof have quite some astonishing relevance for today. However the moral and ethical radicalism of the texts will make you forget that we live and manage our lifes in complex social systems, and political theories and texts should more encompass these complexities. Reading these texts now is a journey back, and not forward.