Customer reviews

on 17 June 2013
Spawn started to change along the way since his creation by todd McFarlane in 1992 whislt a batman/wolverine love-child he still came across as a superhero up against giant cyborg assasins and bio engineered orange minotaurs but todd wanted him to move into the more horror stylings an undead creature of hell deserved..whilst the regular comic book touched on this it never really got away from the soap opera 100 issue arc "WAAANNNDDDAAAA!!!" but Spawn the undead addressed that nicely,only lasting a few issues it dealt with the darker side of humanity making the villains us. Spawn was cast as a boogeyman silent sentinel who came from the shadows to drag us to hell for our misdeeds and I belive it worked and was sorry to see it go. The art was nice maybe not as cartoony as the regular series but certainly not as muddy as the "hellspawn" series that followed which though I love was sometimes difficult to follow with the almost abstract nature of the artwork ..."the undead" bridges that nicely.

BE AWARE
The gripe about this book is in the book itself it suffers from pagey fallout syndrome one copy I had literally fell apart as I was reading it , the stories are good but get the individual issues instead.
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 18 September 2016
My favourite comic series of all time
I love the dark Gothic art style and all the religious symbolism
|0Comment|Report abuse