• Amy
  • Customer reviews

on 15 February 2016
Read this when I was a teenager and so bought it now for my teenage sister! Very good teen novel that addresses issues with talking to strangers online. Would recommend to others.
on 26 February 2014
This book I so good. I really enjoyed it and read it within a day. Like all Mary Hooper books it always has an unexpected twist at the end. I recommend this book for older children as it contains the use of drugs.
on 7 April 2011
Amy is a interseting page turner book for 12+. Althoguh i would not advise under that age for some may find it disturbing. But overall it is a good book with a happy ending!
on 4 April 2014
one more asked to get again was purchased for daughters book collection and read by her what more can i say
on 19 February 2013
prompt delivery, good seller, would buy again thank you. a ++++++
a++++ a+++++ a+++++ a+++++ a+++++ a+++ a++++ a+++ seller
on 19 August 2015
Such a good book read it in a few hours.

I would highly recommend to a friend

x x x
on 10 July 2014
Couldnt put it down and that was my second time reading it! I am amazed with this book quite literally!
on 12 January 2013
It was absolutely amazing I read it within 2 days. I love Marry Hooper books. I am going to recommend it to all my friends.
on 15 August 2002
I love this book! Mary Hooper has really captured teenage emotions with this book. It's also written well to raise awareness of internet dangers and manipulation with an ending scenario I would never dream of. Like all her other books she has tackled difficult subjects in a sensitive and effective way. It can be a litle scary at times as some events are disturbing. Amy also explains how important friendships are and prejudice against victims of bullying. It's not too lengthy and is fast paced so there's no temptation to go off and forget about it and it stays in your mind for a while. Read it - you won't regret it!
9 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2007
'Amy' is not, admittedly, the most exciting of titles. The eponymous star of this book finds herself friendless after a row with two of her best friends - and girls of a similar age will all be able to identify with that. She turns to chat rooms for company and meets Zed. Zed's eighteen, has a great job, is *really* fit and wants to meet Amy. She gives in, and travels the two and a half hour train journey to meet Zed. A walk around town, a coffee in a cafe and a picnic on the beach, and all seems wonderful - so why did Amy fall asleep on the beach for three hours? Was it really just the sun, or did something more sinister happen? With the help of her new friend Beaky, or Serena, Amy discovers what really happened that awful day.

On many levels, this is a super book. The language is very chatty and easy to follow which will appeal to those with a low reading age. The storyline is also good - gripping but again simple without complex sub plots. I also feel girls will be able to identify closely with Amy. She's a very "average" teenage girl - prettyish but not gorgeous, works hard at school but isn't very brainy, gets on well with parents but has her share of fallings-out. Unlike many novels narrated by the heroine, she is neither a deliquent nor a superbrain - just a girl.

The one thing that did really anny me about this book were the typing errors. Maybe it's just my copy (?) but on page 39 when Amy and her mum are talking about Serena and Amy claims Serena's nose is huge, her mum replies, "Beth, it's not at all!" That really puzzled me, as to the best of my knowledge there isn't even a Beth in the book! Elsewhere Zed is referred to as Zak. Makes it a tad unconvincing. That prevented the book getting 5 stars!
One person found this helpful