on 22 September 2006
Is what it is... Harry Potter in Irish. Bought this for my girlfriend, and she loved it, so if you're into the Irish language, then this is a great wee book, teaches you lots of new words you probably haven't heard of before!
on 20 July 2010
Harry Potter is essential reading regardless of what language you speak (or read), so I won't dwell on the plot itself.

The translation is top-notch. It may be a bit advanced for beginners but it's definitely worth sticking with. Once you familiarize yourself with the magical jargon, which most people wouldn't have come across beforehand, you begin to fly through the pages, enjoying J.K. Rowling's masterpiece for what it is.
Máire Nic Mhaoláin has done a tremendous job translating and one can only hope that the Chamber of Secrets (or 'Seomra na Rún' as the in-sleeve teases) is in the works.
on 24 December 2012
i have started to learn Irish and this book is sitting on my book case cheering me on i can not wait for the day that i can read it!!
on 2 March 2016
I bought this book to help me study the Irish language..It was dispatched to me very quickly and arrived in brand new condition,so I am very happy with this purchase and I am enjoying decifering the Irish language with the help of the same book in the original English.
on 9 December 2011
This is exactly what I wanted, the book is in perfect condition, and it's all as Gaeilge! I can't wait to read it, hopefully the rest of the series will eventually be published in Irish, that would be amazing.
on 11 September 2014
Bought for my children to ensure they keep up their Irish! Shame the remaiining books in the series appear to be out of print.
on 28 October 2014
really pleased with this I searched long and hard for an irish language edition and it was a fair price.
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2016
Why oh why was this book not around when I was at school, much better than Peig or Duil. Good translation, really enjoyed it.
on 18 January 2015
I'm still struggling through this translation, but really enjoying it.
on 8 September 2015