TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 August 2015
Absolute zany mayhem! I wondered to start with if it was for me... then revelation after revelation. Jaw drop after jaw drop. Crazy family member after... you get the idea.

I thought MY family was nuts. They just don't measure up to the Drummonds. While their daughter Sarah (a thalidomide baby) prepares for her first space mission, her family all gather in Florida, ostensibly to watch her take-off, but other plots take them in strange and hilarious new directions.

To reveal much about the plot would really be to spoil it. I'm glad I came to this knowing nothing at all about it. I will say that Sarah's brothers - recently-jailed Wade and Brian (and his vowel-less girlfriend Shw), her dad (and trophy wife) and mum - all take on a role in the completely crazy family story.

This just kept piling on the madness, I acutally laughed out loud at some twists and turns. This would make a wonderfully crazy film, with some juicy little character roles.

I liked the structure, though it took a little getting used to. We follow the present timeline and then suddenly are taken back in time to the Drummonds' earlier lives (both the three children's childhood and that of their parents'). A little confusing at first, but it did fall into place.

I really, really recommend this if you like dark humour, lots of craziness, funny family stories and a nice surprise. Enjoy!
on 23 September 2010
A good book spoiled by a rubbish kindle transference. Stray I and T and ) all over the place. obviously not proof read. Poor show.