Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 March 2005
Ideal book for intermediate/advanced one-stroke painters who already know several techniques and can now experiment without the expense of a workshop. This book cost less then one workshop, it's a bargain. Buy and enjoy.
on 16 June 2016
Beautiful illustrations, and easy to follow, step by step instructions. The author covers a lot of flowers. I think this reference guide will be invaluable to me. Her techniques are amazing. I hope to be soon decorating a number of pieces in my home and garden. So pleased with my purchase, and delivery was prompt and it arrived well packaged.
on 16 January 2009
This is a fab book. Lots of clear pictures and instructions and as it says, a selection of flowers in alphabetical order. I teach painting and this has been well thumbed by myself and my students. All of Donna's books are clear and concise and this is no different. I met her on a workshop once and she is extremely friendly and down to earth, just like her books.
on 12 March 2012
I have a few Donna Dewberry books and wanted a book with different flowers in, which I got with this book, more than 50 varieties to practice on! It is very much like her other books on flowers with the techniques to achieve them, in acrylics, at the beginning of the book plus the other materials needed. It does not have the different techniques to add interest to the backgrounds of the flowers as in her book Painting Fabulous Flowers which, in my opinion, makes that book the better of the two but I find it ideal to have both. It was cheaper to buy from the US and took just 13 days to arrive which I thought was very good. I have tried all mediums in art and find this the least frustrating with, usually, good results at the end which I have made into greeting cards, mainly! Her books have given me a lot of pleasure and opened my eyes to the beauty and makeup of flowers and leaves. Well worth the money.
on 19 August 2008
Reading the earlier books with the how to instructions for the brush strokes is essential. However, there are a lot of flower projects to copy which are clear. On the whole a good book for ideas to progress.
on 8 January 2014
The book is really good and is a value buy. Would definitely recommend the book to anyone who has doubts.
on 16 April 2013
I have another of Donna's books and wanted this one too so I knew what she was about. I haven't mastered the technique yet but the designs can easily be adapted using normal painting methods
on 29 June 2013
This book is for intermediate or advanced one stroke painters. Reading the how to instructions for the brush strokes in Donna's earlier books is essential. Well worth the money.
on 5 December 2014
Very informative and highly illustrated, a must for anyone studying the art of one stroke painting.
on 19 May 2015
A nice book to follow for anyone wanting to paint flowers for the first time.