Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 October 2008
I love this book. It is a gives a slight slant on painting flowers. It is clear and concise and if you dont want to read the instructions the pictures are more than adequate in their step by step promotion of the projects.
on 17 November 2015
Yet another "Manufactured in China" art book I have had to send back because of printing errors. The book is very well illustrated and the diagrams certainly help with the three dimensional representation of flowers and leaves. I do have one disagreement with the author in that in the "Loading the Brush" section, it is recommended that paint is loaded right up to the ferrule. In my experience this is a recipe for damage to the brush. Sooner or later paint will soak up into the ferrule, eventually dry there, and cause the brush hairs to part, thus loosing the chisel end to the flat and the point to the round. I never now let paint get that far up the hairs. I sent the book back because the step numbers in the text which refer to the corresponding illustration numbers were either missing or partially illegible in my copy. It was difficult to relate the text description to the corresponding illustration in many cases, I certainly couldn't give my copy as a gift.
on 2 December 2012
Just what I expected. Very pleased although the colours are duller, you can read very clearly what is meant. Very self explanatory book.
on 28 July 2015
Very clear and colourful book -
on 23 October 2014