Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 February 2014
This is the place to start if you want a book about swordsmanship. It's not a history book or alot of random opinions of the author. But a book about the techniques of the longsword. And with good solid content
on 11 June 2008
This is simply the best book on longsword I have read. The teachings of Master Sigmund Ringeck are clearly laid out using clear drawings to help explain the different moves. The original German is included for the scholars, beside the English translation.
If you only buy one book, on how to use the longsword, I strongly suggest its this one.
on 1 March 2013
I bought this book hoping it would shed light on what the german longsword teachings were really all about. It did illuminate the subject a little - but only a little. Despite the explanations and the drawings I was, at the end, very little clearer about the teachings of Liechtenauer, Dobringer (or at least the manuscript bearing his name) or Ringeck's gloss. I found many of the explanations and illustrations in Lindholm's book to be just as obscure and unclear as Dobringer or Ringeck. It may be that this book will be more useful when I know more about longsword technique. Not a book I would recommend to anyone new to the study of longsword fighting.
on 16 March 2015
Very explanatory
could have a little better organization in order to follow better

amazing book nevetheless
on 3 July 2013
Just what I was looking for!

I'm training HEMA Longsword in a little group here in Norway. This book gave us a great insight in guards/attacks/techniques. It's a perfect study-book for beginners!
on 7 November 2015
Great read, informative and descriptive. Good for most levels I would imagine.
on 17 November 2015