Format: Leather Bound|Change

on 8 December 2011
This Bible is a large and weighty tome (about 2.5kg and approx 25cm(h) x 18cm(w) x 4.5cm(d)) with a supple genuine leather cover, as opposed to bonded leather - bonded leather being not quite 100% leather, if my understanding of it is correct. It has idented page tabs to enable you to quickly find the different books of the Bible rather than sticking out tabs which can so easily be ruined. Each tab is linked to 3 books of the Bible, for example, the first tab being GEN EXO LEV.

The print is nice and large (14pt which is about 3mm in height - doesn't sound a lot but looks nice and large) and is therefore vary readable. Even if you have good eyesight I would recommend this size type as it does lead to less eyestrain. The words of Jesus are in red to enable quick find of whjen Jesus is speaking. The pages are that nice thin "Bible Paper" which does lead to some bleed-through of the words onto the next page which some may find distracting but you'll probably not notice it after a while. I find I can read it with no proplems at all.

This is a never-ending debate on which translation of the Bible is best/most accurate. Many feel that the most reliable is the King James version of 1611 purely because of the archaic language it uses (thee, thou, saith &c) but it was written before many of the older mansuscripts were found. The NASB is considered to be one of the most reliable to the original manuscripts and is a vary literal translation which can sometimes make the words and phrases sound a bit wooden, however, it is a vary easy to read and understand version. This particular version has the "updated" version of the NASB, which was produced in, I think, 1995, and aims to make the words easier to understand by using more up to date language whilst still maintaining the reliablity of the original.

All in all it is a vary nice Bible to read. Not one you can carry round in your pocket and may feel like it weighs a ton if carried for long periods of time, but I prefer these more "meaty" Bibles.

Come with presentation page, family tree and special events pages, dictionary/concordance, end-of-verse references, introduction to each book (found at the back of the Bible), opic lists, "Where to find help when...", and maps. Also comes in a nice sturdy box.

I recommend it to anybody wishing to read a reliable translation of the Bible, though you'll end up with arms the size of Arnie after several years of carrying it about. I like it.
on 19 February 2012
This Bible has more than lived up to my expectations. The binding is excellent and the 14pt print is great for my failing eyesight. I find the concordance a great help in my understanding the scriptures. Overall I would recommend this bible for anyone wanting to grow in their faith. Great purchase. Sue
on 26 August 2014
None of hese help me as I need to see for myself what it looks like between the page covers.