Customer reviews

on 3 July 2017
I was so disappointed with this book I am returning it without making a thing. It is very American based, measurements in cups, ingredients listed such as heavy cream? Spring water? Sugar (no reference to which type). I have made an assumption that the target audience could be Ben & Gerry fans (I'm not) and that these would probably be too sweet for me. I was looking for traditional gelati recipies.
on 12 August 2012
I bought this as a present for my father who had recently acquired an ice cream machine and wanted to make Italian-style ice cream. This book offers a good range of recipes, including gelato, sorbets, granitas and a range of accompaniments - such as chocolate meringues and brioche. Overall, all recipes that we have attempted have been great successes, especially the stracciatella gelato (which might have been the best ice cream I have ever eaten had it not been ever so slightly too sweet for my palate). One big plus with these recipes was that unlike many gelato recipes, these require very little preparation time (no standing over them for 10min, very carefully monitoring them).

The only slight issue is that this book does not offer the enormous range offered by some cookbooks, which has lead to my father and I now considering getting another ice cream cookbook(such as 'The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas and Sweet Accompaniments'). On the other hand, this book did keep us busy for two years... And if you value quality over quantity, then this book is probably for you.

Overall, a brilliant buy which I highly recommend to anyone who is new (or not!) to ice cream making, and a great present for anyone.
66 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2014
Love this. Arrived on time. NO excessive packaging. Thank You!