on 3 February 2013
I couldn't agree LESS with the previous review. This is one of the most inspiring cook books I have seen in a long while (and the first I have ever felt strongly enough about to review!). I am actually reading it from start to finish as I would a novel or biography. The book starts with an overview of the ingredients, especially the seeds themselves, and how to cook them. Maria also writes about her childhood experiences in Germany and Greece, where her Mother and Grandmothers taught her the pleasures of a food tradition rich in nuts, fruits and grains. She has adapted these recipes to suit our twenty-first century lifestyle, and the result is a delight.
If you have access to a reasonably efficient healthfood shop there should be no trouble finding the ingredients, and the cooking methods are simple to follow. So far, I have only cooked a few of the recipes, but all the results have been quite splendid - Warm Oat Berries with Walnuts and Gorgonzola was a real hit with my family; we ate it with a grilled Tuna steak and green veg - delicious! I can't wait to try some more.
on 14 May 2014
Great book for any home kitchen
Quality pressing and brilliant recipes
Used in my kitchen daily
Very happy
My Recommendation to everyone
on 6 March 2016
The best "cookbook" title I have bought in the last few years. Certainly the most used. Get stuck in and enjoy the flavours.
on 3 June 2015
Cant get the grains !!!
on 29 December 2014
Fascinating book.
on 4 January 2013
Had high hopes for this book that it would have a wide range of down to earth meals using these grains in a variety of ways. sadly it like one of those cooking shows it looks pretty but you are just never going to cook the meals.