on 9 March 2017
Brilliant
on 22 June 2010
Some wonderful ideas and very good practical advice. Has everything you need to get started in this wonderful craft.
on 24 September 2008
This book gives reliable practical information, in an outstandingly clear and accessible format. It also gives a clear explanation of the technical issues involved in working warm glass so that the practical information can be applied with understanding. Particularly useful are the figures illustrating the behaviour of glass at different temperatures, and the excellent graphs representing various firing processes. This is always the book I pick up when I want to work out a new firing program.
Covering basic equipment, including kiln choice, and specifics of fusing, slumping, casting and pate de verre, I would recommend this book for anyone working with a glass kiln, or thinking about working with one.
on 9 December 2010
As someone who has never tried any work with glass before, I was looking for a good introductory book to help me decide whether to pursue this as a hobby. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when this arrived.
It seems ideal for my purpose - well laid out and clear, with enough of the basics to feel like you've got a good grasp of what this might involve, a good level of detail which suggests you might come back to it for reference later on, as well as beautiful examples and some projects for inspiration.

It is a good 'coffee table' size and I am looking forward to some fun evenings reading it!
on 18 February 2015
I've been fusing for a couple of years, and this useful book has filled in a number of gaps in my knowledge. It describes processes clearly, with good illustrations. I've had a good few 'oh, that's a good idea' moments in my initial read-through.
Some of the stuff is certainly beyond me - but I'd rather have a book to grow with than something too simple.
Good value second-hand, too.
on 7 November 2007
A great book, packed with information, the best reference I have found for kiln-formed glass - I recommend it to anyone interested in glass, both history and current techniques
on 17 April 2010
On the face of it, this is a beautiful book, with lots of gorgeous colour photos and packed with technical information. However, as a beginner, I found it extremely heavy going and it left me with the impression that fusing glass is impossibly complicated. I'm sure the numerous firing schedule diagrams and meticulous listing of types or colours of glass that need special treatment will be useful to intermediate and experienced artists, but I would not recommend it for a complete beginner.
on 23 February 2010
This is a complete text that explaine clearly the basic skills of working with glass fusing.
It's really accurate; I'm sorry that there's not the italian version.
on 31 October 2006
this book is a gem, well written, clear and straight forward. While at the same time being inspiring. wether your an artist, hobbyist or just an interested person this book has alot to offer.
on 13 September 2009
A useful book for anyone starting to make fused glass. Clear instructions and examples. Beautifully produced.