on 14 November 2006
The beauty of wire jewellery it that it requires minimal tools and within a few minutes anyone can take one of the starter projects in this book and be wearing their own creation. The book is laid out very nicely with similarly made jewellery grouped together, so you can start with a project that is graded as Very Easy and if you like that use the techniques you have learned to either make harder items from the same group for go off and be creative and do your own thing. The books is written "recipe style" materials and tools for each individual project are listed. At the front of the book is a clear description of all the tools and materials you might need to use.

Summary, well laid out, clear instructions and attractive projects.
on 7 March 2007
Wonderful book, explains all basic techniques and tools used in an easy to understand way. Has plenty of designs to choose from, with differing expertise levels. A real boon to the jewellery maker who is interested in wire working. Would highly recommend!
on 18 March 2010
Some excellent ideas clearly explained. Very 'can-do', although I don't find wire as easy to handle as she does.Very little specialised equipment necessary.Other jewellery students liked it too.
on 16 April 2008
A very good book but I got a little confused with the explanation of making coiled rings. I've got a coiling gizmo so her explanation is not really useful at times, then there is the page where she writes about attaching a hook to a vise, this will only work if you have gone for the hand drill which I don't want as I'm not comfortable with such objects.

However, she clearly explains every step, I like the fact that you are taught the technique before actually starting on a design, a very good book for anyone who loves work with wire, in fact, I'll say it's the ultimate for creating beautiful unique jewellery, highly recommended.
on 25 January 2011
I bought this book on the strength of the other reviews but overall I was rather underwhelmed by my purchase. It's no wonder this book didn't sign up to the 'look inside' feature. It has a rather 70s feel to the layout with drawn illustrations and 'recipe' format instructions. The presentation feels cheap and rather childish. The projects were as uninspiring as the artwork, what little there was as they obviously wanted to save money on printing costs. I feel the title is rather misleading; as despite the cover the majority of projects concentrate around beading. I would not recommend this book to someone who was interested in silver wire jewellery regardless of experience level.
on 22 July 2016
The book had markings '£1' on the front page and some other lettering. It also smelt of mildew. It is now over a week since I requested to return this book and book world have continued to drag it out for some reason and don't want me to complete the return.
That aside I found the book was not very adventurous and the jewellery was more like ten ways to use a wired plait.
on 31 October 2011
I was disappointed with this book as I found the designs and projects were dated and not contemporary in the slightest. As a silversmithing student I want to look at books that are inspirational with contemporary jewellery. However, the techniques were intersting if you are into more traditional jewellery.
on 21 July 2013
This book is interesting and informative. Using it for some projects and inspiration for my own ideas. Practise on cheaper wire first before you embark on making silver jewellery. Wire makes it cheaper to create your own designs.
on 11 March 2013
Lovely book with clear instructions. a book you can dip in and out of.

Wire sizes given are the American version
on 14 August 2011
Very good value for your money. Great pictures to show you how to do the pieces of jewellery.Is more foe the person who's done some jewellery making before.