on 2 July 2009
This is one of my favourite knitting books; I return to it again and again. It has patterns for very sweet baby hats, and also some quite funky and unusual ones, and the sizes cover babies to toddlers. You could start off with something very simple and add to your skills, especially as the hats knit up so quickly. I've knitted the Daisy Hat about 5 times now, and four or five of the others. If I had to prune my knitting bookshelf, this is defintely one of the ones I would hang on to.
review image review image review image review image
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I was looking for hats I could get knitted up by a relative to use in my baby portrait photography business. On this score I was disappointed in the selection. I had hoped for at least one long pointed 'pixie' hat with a tassel on the end or maybe a Peruvian style with ear-flaps and ties but nothing even close.

In the end none of the patterns could be tired however as the book fails to highlight that all designs require circular needles. Not being a knitter I did not realise this would be an issue. I raise it to help others avoid the same error.

If you are comfortable with or want to learn the use of curved needles are are not looking for the cutsy hats you see used in newborn photos though this is not a bad book
on 12 October 2012
One of the best baby hat books that I have ever used .I have made all of them . They are all brilliant.The book is Itty bitty hats.
on 13 January 2011
ANOTHER ITTY BITTY BOOK THESE HATS ARE JUST SO CUTE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM AND SUCH GORGEOUS STYLES THERE IS A HAT FOR EVERY OCCASION REALLY WORTH BUYING AN EXCELLENT AUTHOR.
on 7 August 2014
Its ok, the book is american so you may needto substitute some yarns, the patterns are unusal but not to my taste, on the whole i'm not that impressed, i was hoping for some nice christmas hats but the ones here were at best average, there are alot of flower pattern hats but not that unique, all in all had i seen more pictures i wouldn't of bothered.
on 8 September 2010
Lots of wonderful hats to knit for toddlers. I am a novice, self taught knitter, and would be able to tackle most of these. There are some fore the more advanced knitter. The book is a decent size and spiral bound which makes it ideal to work from as the pages dont need pinning back.
on 28 June 2010
I bought this book with the intention of knitting birthday hats for my twin grandsons but having seen the rest of the patterns in this lovely book I want to make them all!
Easily explained, beautifully illustrated.
on 12 November 2013
What a lovely book! Made me smile from beginning to end. Would thoroughly recommend and some patterns can be converted into adult.
on 6 August 2013
Some really beautiful hats in here, though virtually all knitted on circular needles, which are easier to work on than they look.
on 8 September 2014
Great ideas in this book, haven't managed to start it yet, but very excited!