on 19 November 2003
This is a collection of absolutely amazing work.
As a media student and a hopeful future International Journalist I found this book not only intensely interesting, it also had the ability to fill me with a fearful excitement of the career that I am hoping to move in to.
I was in complete aure of the men and women who take on conflict in their own unique way and risk their lives to provide us, the people at home, with the shocking reality of war. I feel that we, as uninvolved bystanders, often take forgranted what it is that the men and women of our nations undertake for our, and our fellow people's freedom. The dialogue and photography of this book really does bring it home, all the way in to your front room.
All of the photographs in this book uplifted different emotions, whether it was shock, admiration or artistic appreciation of amazing media. If you have the slightest interest in photography, and even if you don't, this is a book which everyone can appreciate and should not be overlooked .
on 27 February 2005
A book which looks at the work of living combat photographers and therefore really looks as Vietman War and conflicts following that. Some of the images are truely shocing, human and at times amazing. If you are intrested in photogrpahy then it is wroth getting to just what the extremes of the craft can be, if you have an intrest in War or Conflict then this book is a must by as the human side of conflict is shown in every page.