Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 April 2012
I thought this was utter nonsense (it's not really worthy of a review).
Unless this was written as a joke, the author seems to me to be an immature, childish, idiot trying to write something that flys in the face, more or less, to the message the bible has.
Ofcourse pretentious idiots that can't think for themselves will probably try and tell me I just didn't understand it or even don't have the intelligence to understand it. And they may be right about the first part, I don't think I did totally understand what it said as it is written in ye olde English (when the book was written in 1904). I think i'm reasonably intelligent, English is my first language and I did quite well with English at school, so if I can't understand it, then my guess is a hell of alot of people might have the same problem. The bible is an extremely old book - hence when it was translated in the 17th centuary it was translated into the language of the time in England, e.g ye olde English. This book was was written in 1904, why coundn't he have written it in the language of that time? He was pretentious thats why, and very immature. No doubt rebelling against his strict Quaker upbringing where his family never celebrated Christmas - thats why there is all this talk of feasts, thats if he is being literal - but again, if you want people to understand the message in your book, make your meaning clearer, same goes for the bible (though it has years of being translated into different languages, being repeatedly hand copied and being many centuaries old as an excuse to a degree).

On the plus side it's a short book so perhaps you won't feel too cheated out of your precious time by reading it. I didn't like it though - if you told me it was written by a geeky 13 year old i'd have believed you . . . ;)
2020 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2015
interesting read ! thank you...
on 21 September 2014
Handbook for abusers and perverts.
on 28 June 1999
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. 93! What else can be said about this Book. It contains the single Law that can allow every man, woman, and child to achieve their True Will. The book of the ages, or at least the Third Aeon. I've been in awe of Crowley (his Magickal and spiritual works; his personal habits and predjudices are repellent) since my first reading of this book about a year and a half ago. FANTASTIC! Love is the Law, Love under Will.
on 2 January 2015
Great product :)
on 26 October 2013
I'm sure that if Crowley could read some of the reviews on here...he would laugh and laugh! Language within language...the ancient teachings of All are hidden within...beyond beautiful.
on 18 May 2013
A great Crowley book. Ideal if you're just getting into Occult writing, it expresses some interesting ideas and allows for a lot of interpretation.
on 27 December 1997
This is a profound document received by the prophet, Aleister Crowley, in 1904. It tells of the new Aeon of Horus and His Law, which is: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." "Love is the Law, love under will." "There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt." It is a true guide to discovering Light, Life, Love, and Liberty. Within its pages holds the keys to philosophy, government, and individual enlightenment. Its mysteries are to be sought only by the individual, with the writings of the Master Therion as a possible guide. "Every man and every woman is a star."
on 22 June 2016
Half a book. Too much rambling on, unreadable towards the end with sloppy notes etc.

Not his best.
on 29 January 2016
At first I was like wtf and just left it on my bookshelf. But then I read it again, it touched me