on 31 July 2017
Absolutely thrilled with this book. The only down side to it is the illistration is black and white and would of been better in colour especially as the author goes into detail so much about the colours of the cards hence why I only gave 4 stars
on 7 August 2016
If you already have some knowledge of the Tarot, Joan's book helps to demystify the subject. It is a very thorough and comprehensive book which includes lessons and card layouts. Possible explanations for each card are very practical. Against each card explanation Joan gives examples of possible opposing and reinforcing cards. This is really helpful and makes the book stand out from the rest.
on 21 June 2017
Great book for beginners and more experienced alike. Lots of practice exercises designed to build up knowledge and give an informed reading of the cards. Easy to follow.
on 20 April 2017
Love this guide makes learning Tarot easy.
on 28 December 2014
Never did learn it, but the book is good it is me that can not remember.
on 4 March 2017
Such an excellent book.

Joan Bunning is clear and concise. Her step-by-step approach is manageable in bite sized chunks and easy to follow. I would recommend this book to those who are interested in understanding how they themselves may relate to the Tarot.

Bunning does have a website with all the information in the book free however I thought a.) I'd like to have this in paperback for my collection and b.) I'd like to pay the author for her work - even if it is free, out of respect for the author!

I really need to knuckle down and focus on reading and practicing more!
on 28 January 2016
A not too complicated read
on 9 January 2005
If you are new to tarot i can't tell you how useful this book has been. I have had difficulty in understanding what the cards meant and this book has not only taught me so much about the cards but it has also taught me more about tarot spreads and tuning to your inner guide. It really works and gives you such an insight to tarot cards. Buy it, you will not regret it. The exercises are brilliant too.
on 23 June 2017
Right to the subject. Explains step by step the basics you need in order to start your work and study of the TAROT. Definitely one great book for beginners as myself. Like any other subject once you have made the determination to get to know that particular matter, the first problem you have to face is where to start. Which book among the hundreds out there will actually give you the minimum knowledge to get started and keep on learning from there? Well just based on my own experience this book has been a good choice to lay out the stepping stones and carry on from there in order to acquire more and deeper knowledge. Now I am in a position to work and study more advanced levels. All in all, definitely a book that would recommend to anyone interested in to get a clear and easy-to-follow introduction in to the study of the TAROT.
on 7 January 1999
I became interested in Tarot Cards when I was 15. This book was an exellent way to learn. The charts were easy to understand and the descriptions were thourough. I really enjoyed this book and would suggest it to anyone who wants to learn about Tarot Cards.