Customer reviews

on 26 April 2017
Good read...enjoyed and related to content. Relevant
on 11 August 2017
A very helpful and practical study guide to living out our love and faith in everyday life. Wide ranging Bible studies to get the whole picture from Scripture, old and new testaments.
on 8 June 2011
I am 83 and not as busy as used to be, but am very active in my local church. Even at this age I found this book very helpful because I still need to keep that special time with God, and when I am tired it is so easy to flop in front of the television! It has helped me to realise that if I am willing Jesus will lead me to that quiet spot with him, I do have to really yearn for it, and be obedient to His calling.
on 28 July 2008
...Joanna Weaver has hit the spot with this one. A book I can 'find' myself in on nearly every page. As a 45 year old Christian woman of a two year old son my life is busy and I sought this book to see how other people find time for God in the 'busyness' that is life today. This book delivers on all levels. Well written, eminently readable!! Aimed at women from all walks of life and easily applicable to life in the real world.

Just lovely, thank you xx!!!
on 12 October 2011
A book written by a woman for women but the men would benefit too. Therefore all benefit! So helpful in common sense help in slowing us down and smelling the roses! Allowing God to get nearer to us and vital for us encouraging us to draw nearer to Him.
on 16 February 2012
This book was recommended to me, and I bought it second hand, very cheaply! It was in good condition and although there was some underlining in it, I really appreciated it being underlined, so it was not a problem.

It is a very heart warming book about the difference between Mary and Martha from Luke 10 v 38 - 42. The writer gives wonderful illustrations and encourages us to prayer and following the Lord Jesus in a much closer way. It makes you hunger and thirst for Righteousness.

I would recommend this book to anyone who feels they are not walking close to the Lord. This book will bring you back to Scripture and encourage your heart.

D.
on 10 June 2009
Written in an American voice, this is an easy read. Full of lots of anecdotes from a real life, which nicely illustrate the author's points. Reassuring, practical and inspiring.
on 6 May 2007
This is an awesome book for anyone who finds making time to be with God just another thing to check off on an already over crowded to do list. joanna writes beautifully- and speaks frankly about her struggle to draw near to God in her busyness. Many times I would be shouting- that's me- that is exactly how I feel, and then you realise that if Joanna can cultivate a rich relationship in her hectic day and desire it- then I can too.
on 5 February 2011
I only started reading this book last night. What a wonderful inspiring & encouraging little book. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of it. A must read for every Christian.
on 27 March 2015
It's a must read for anyone struggling to juggle spending time with God, job, kids, business anything, you find the balance between the two characters and how it's related to our everyday life, I like the way the author used her own circumstances and struggles to explain, anytime I read I feel inspired and encouraged. Thanks