on 30 March 2015
This publication gives an up to date translation in current spoken language and idiom. The Bible in colloquial person speak.
on 13 January 2013
Cannot put this down. The most exciting, amazing way to read the Bible ... even "who begat who" is interesting and readable.
on 1 February 2013
best version I have come across for the kindle easy to read in today's language and chapters and verses are numbered .
on 15 June 2014
What can I say, this bible has changed my life around. Turning every day reading the bible into a delight, I love it
on 24 October 2013
I have the paper back version of The Message and love it. However I am finding the print a bit small now so treated myself to the Kindle version. I think it is so easy to use, when you want to find any book in the Bible just go to ‘Table of Contents’ click on the book then on chapter. If you need a particular verse then you need to move forward until you get to the verse you want, but you need to do this in the paper version anyway. The Kindle version means you have the whole of the Bible in an easy and lightweight version but with the advantage of being able to increase the text when needed. Also downloaded it onto the I Pad too.
on 18 November 2016
I absolutely love this translation of the bible it is so simple to understand. I now feel as though I am understanding God's word and it's sinking in, rather than I'm struggling to absorb it because I'm trying to translate it and then apply it to my life.

Reading the bible daily has changed my life and having a bible that is modern, understandable and attractive has only ma few me happier! Thank you
on 25 January 2013
First type of bible like this - not sure yet if I prefer it to something like NIV but will give it a go.
on 30 April 2011
This is a very good book that brings the stories of the Bible into everyday words which can be understood by anyone today. For those of us who speak correct English though, be aware that it is an American Bible and therefore has American spelling and uses some words that we do not use here in England. I state that just as a fact that people should be aware of and not as a criticism of the book.
on 26 March 2013
I have had many Bibles in my life, but this one gives easy to understand history of the bible without the long drawn out so and so begat so and so, which might be good for scholars but does not always lend itself to actually being read! Impressed, so far, and it is inviting to read more and interpret the scriptures into something relevant to todays world. Well done Mr Peterson
on 23 July 2013
This is a useless Bible as you can not quick access separate books or specific chapters in it. It is poorly laid out. We purchased a kindle for our son as he is going away to Australia for 8 months and loves to read. We bought the Message Bible along with other books for him and were really disappointed that such an important book was so badly laid out.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse