on 7 March 2007
I have been a Christian all my life (I'm now 21) but every time I tried to read large chunks of the Bible I always found myself getting bored or confused. My mother lent me a copy of "The Message"-new testament and I have not looked back since! The language used is just everyday language so it's easy to digest and it's set out as more of a reading book than a Bible (no columns). I enjoyed my mothers version so much that I decided to get the remix version for myself as it contains old and new testament.

Highly recommended for a first time read of the Bible!
on 12 June 2013
This Bible translation will always hold a special place in my affections,as it was the Bible that helped me back to the Lord.It was the first Bible I really understood-it is a great reading Bible and very useful when you comne across obscure passages in your King James or Douay-Rheims.Would still like proper verse numbering,but hey,there's not a thing in this world that is perfect.