Customer reviews

on 13 March 2009
my favourite book.I have read and reread this book it puts life into its right place.I agree with everything he says, I have taken a lot of what he says into my life,my desires are different since reading this book.And it has been life changing.even to the point of being debt free as I realize material possesions are not what we need.we also watch a lot less tele now and enjoy our lives as a happy family .I love this book as it puts Gods ways in the right place in this greedy world.Amen.
on 27 May 1999
I read this book and it has changed my entire outlook on life----family, work, my faith. The insight and arguments made bring relevance to the pressures and problems of everyday life. The author lives what he writes and helps us learn to live a life that is counter culture, one that is totally focused on Christ.
on 8 June 1999
Dr. Swenson hits it square on - our society worships overload.... overloaded schedules, overloaded homes with no place to put all of the "stuff" we acquire and no TIME to use it, and overloaded spirits, where there is no room to hear our creator, as we cry out from weariness. This book was a life-changer for me, and it will be my gift of choice for all of my family and friends for some time to come. What a welcome message...that we don't need to do it all, and in fact, we HURT ourselves, our families, and our communities, by stuffing our lives so full that we have no breathing room to see the beautiful sunset, to hear the sound of the hummingbirds outside the window, to experience the joy of watching our growing children, to be a friend, to respond to our God who seeks us. If everyone read this book, and took it seriously, I can only being to imagine what a wonderful place we'd create.
on 8 February 1999
I started reading Dr. Swenson's books because I heard they were chosen for our large group study at our church. I am a small group leader, and people in our group asked what "Margin" and "Overload" were all about. I thought I'd better get the books and find out. They both really spoke to me where I live...at the edge! I think I got more out of overload because Dr. Swenson takes less time explaining the phenomenon, and more giving his "prescriptions." I'm looking forward to building more margin into my life with the help Dr. Swenson gives as well as helping others to see how they can as well. I was privileged to meet Dr. Swenson when he came to talk to our church. The turnout was amazing! You can tell that this is an important issue for our times. I highly recommend the books.