on 31 August 2017
It's always difficult to review books like this as everyone has their own needs and one book can't meet them all. As a general look at sharing and taking turns, this book is fine. It tells you all the things you would want to teach your child (or gives support for things you have already taught). It explains different ways of sharing and how to put it into practice. It also touches on the fact that it's ok not to want to share sometimes. The format of the book is almost bullet-point like (but without the bullets). There is no coherent story; I knew what to expect before buying. If you're looking at a broad way to teach your child about sharing, this is a good book as it gives quite a few examples, some of which I didn't consider (like 'sharing' your time when you help someone to do something). For something more specific to you, it's a good starting point for conversation. I tend to draw on my son's experiences and incorporate them into what has been written and it works well for us.
on 18 November 2017
We had talked about sharing and my little girl went to extremes handing over every toy. The thing I like about this book is it doesn't say 'hand it over'. It says you can choose to share and if playing with something share later, exchange toys etc so gives good strategies.
on 21 March 2017
Good little book with a clear message on sharing and taking turns worked well with our 4 year old

nice clear pictures and a pleasant story if a little confusing in places

please like if this review was helpful -Thank you
on 13 October 2017
useful book
on 4 March 2013
Ibought this book for our two (and a bit) year old who is an only child and so hasn't had as much practise with sharing. When I got the book and first read it I did think he might find it a bit boring but in fact he is really interested when we read it together and I feel it is already having a positive effect. When we read through we talk about the pictures but then I also use it to relate it back to a real life situation he has been invloved in, for instance in the book a little girl's favourite toy is a violin but I then talk to him about his favourite digger. In tension situations when he is about kick off about wanting to share/not share I talk to him about what he has read in the book and he really listens and is more willing to act accordingly.

He's a bit young for the activities at the back but that doesn't matter we've already had good use from the book.

A bit expensive, but worth it!
on 2 July 2010
Really pleased with this book. I bought it to read with my son (aged 6 Aspergers). He was v interested and paid lots of attention, direct instruction doesn't work so well with him so I was really pleased to find a way of talking about sharing without him feeling criticised. Really want some more books from this series.
on 22 December 2008
I bought this for my boyfriends boys, and they enjoyed this book that taught them something, without it feeling like a lecture
on 6 April 2015
Another good book I am using to encourage good behaviour within our pre-school
on 24 October 2014