on 17 July 1999
This is an excellent book to help ANYONE through a time of grief in their life. It may be written on a juvenile level, but it explains a lot of things about grieving and death that you may not have heard from anyone before. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 June 2017
Lovely book to explain death to children, good explanation and proved very helpful in the saddest of times.
on 13 January 2018
Excellent when working with primary school children
on 4 March 2015
Helpful for my seven year old who is processing her nan's death from cancer. Prompts some thoughtful questions but overall encourages that all feelings are normal. Quite nice for grown ups to read too.
on 18 August 2014
Wonderful to explain death to children. Makes a lot of sense and we found it a real comfort at a very difficult time. Straight talking but with sympathy.
on 17 December 2013
This is a good little book about grief to use with children experiencing bereavement. The writing style is good for childen to understand
on 15 August 2017
Excellent ok for supporting children.
on 8 November 2015
Loved it
on 1 June 2012
This is a really lovely little book. Having recently suffered a bereavement I bought to to have in reserve in case I needed help comforting my children. It has lots of lovely ideas and certainly helped to calm one of my children down/helped them to express their anxiety, but I have a word of warning. It is written in a style that the children can read themselves, so I was encouraging my child to read it. However, there are references to children dying (eg when my 7 year old friend died) so if your child has lost an important adult in their life and your child has been comforted by the passage reassuring them that most people die when they are very old, stumbling upon references to children dying might shock them. Obviously children do sometimes sadly die, but it's worth reading ahead yourself so you can either choose to skip these sections or prepare them for it. Overall however a very useful book and very effective.
on 11 February 2013
We recently lost an aunt who was very much like a grandmother to my children and they have been quite upset and asking lots of questions. I bought this book for my 8 year old and another for my 6 year old. I have read the book as I wanted to be happy with all of the content before giving it to my child and I would say it's spot on.

I'd recommend this for 8 - 12 year olds as it does touch on the idea of heaven, coffins and funerals but without much detail and it all sounds nice the way it's written. The book talks about how children may be feeling, who they can talk to and that death of someone is never a child's fault.

I think this will help my child a lot and I really recommend it.