Customer reviews

on 1 June 2017
I agree with other reviewers, most of these patterns (11 of 50) are to be sewn on and that is a pity as I wanted to be able to do a pattern repeat and then straight onto the garment with edging that enhances the cuffs and bottom line or collar and front edges. It would be useful to see how the edging 'hangs' and weights a garment as I have done a cardigan recently using a Sirdar pattern and once completed the weight of the decorative front borders meant the whole cardigan hung out of balance and I unpicked the lot!
I do like the layout, if you are a chart knitter there are NO charts, and the colour pictures are clear and helpful, the layout being across a 2 page A4 spread.
If anyone has come across a good border pattern book......?
on 15 May 2013
This book is a treasury of borders, pretty lace, cables and twisted stitches make for different borders. Some would make borders instead of buttonhole and button bands.
\\\\this book is high up in my library of knitting books and will NOT be loaned to anyone
on 5 May 2017
Good
on 30 August 2013
The borders are very good.
However, it was advertised as having both longways and sideways borders, so I expected a half and half ratio but there are 40 patterns for borders knitted in strips and then sewn on.
I am wanting patterns for borders that can be knitted on - either by picking up stitches or incorporating the border as part of an eg blanket., so only having 10 was disappointing to me.
on 13 February 2014
This is better in my opinion then the much more expensive Harmony Guide Knit Edgings & Trims. Some very unusual designs and at least 6 of which I am going to incorporate into my Winter sweaters. A great little inexpensive cheermeup and an excellent addition to the knitters bookshelf.
on 25 January 2015
I bought this book for the knitting group that I started. As the knitters are always wanting different borders, this book seems to do the job.
on 8 February 2016
Excellent value. Instead of doing ordinary rib on some knitting in progress have added some of the border patterns instead. Looks much better.
on 13 February 2016
ty, both books turned up quickly + were exactly what I expected. good simple layout, clear images /instructions
on 14 September 2015
Great book. Some lovely borders to choose from. I have already knitted one to finish a baby blanket.
on 18 March 2012
The patterns in this book are great, ideal for experts and novices alike. Anyone can improve their knitting skills while making something useful. I know I'm going to use this book loads over the years.